Chapter 12: Twisted reality

Red.

Everything was red. The old wooden desk, chairs, candles, both couches, every inch of every wall. As if someone had decided to paint the whole room in red. And not just any kind of red. Crimson red, variation: red devil.

Copper.

The smell of copper was overwhelming. He couldn't breathe properly; the disgusting smell of copper made him want to puke. He felt as if he was trying to breathe blood and he could feel his nostrils burn.

Dead.

They were all dead. His friends, his classmates, all dead. Their lifeless bodies were lying on the cold, hard ground, their faces destroyed to the point he couldn't recognize them.

Dane was shivering, his mouth agape and eyes ready to fall out. He wanted to scream, but he couldn't. Something or someone, didn't let him do that. He cried instead. Tears were running down his face like waterfalls. The boy was confused, scared and panicked. He rubbed his eyes to get rid of tears, when he noticed blood on his hands. It wasn't tears that run down his face, it was blood! Blood was pouring from his eyes!

Dane shook like a leaf in the wind, lifting his head and looking at the only exit from the room. There, in front of the doors, a man stood. A raven haired guy dressed in black with a black flamed tattoo of an exotic design on his left hand. His lips were a thin line, his face expressionless, and his eyes, his red intense eyes looked if they were going to swallow him whole. Even though he wanted to, Dane couldn't keep his eyes from the man. He knew he was to be killed next, the last in line, and yet, he didn't want to die. Not like that. He wanted to ask many questions, yet he couldn't voice his thoughts. That's when Lucifer's lips formed a smile.

"This is all your fault." The Accuser proclaimed, waving with his hand towards the dead bodies of Dane's friends. That's when Dane fully understood who he was looking at. He wanted to deny everything, but the Man of sin continued.

"If you kids had listened from the start, we'd avoid this massacre. Some geniuses."

Walking towards Dane, who still couldn't move, Lucifer made a dagger from his black energy, and in a flash stood in front of the young boy.

"Tu quoque rustica." Lucifer murmured before going for the kill.

****

"Dane!" shouted William. The boy quickly opened his eyes, looking first at Will, then at others who were sitting on the other couch or on the chairs. Dane was soaked from sweat, his heart beat increased, as if he was going to get a stroke any moment now. He got up from the couch he was sleeping on and hugged William.

"You're all okay." He let out a sigh and relief filled his heart. Everyone was looking at him and he decided to share his dream with everyone, since dreams may have a certain message. And Dane hoped, if his dream had a secret meaning, that someone would be able to understand it.

His friends were all listening carefully. They even asked him to go through it again. Even though shaken and anxious about going over his dream more than once, Dane retold the dream without hesitation. Annie and David took notes on his dreams, knowing how their friend feels about it.

With the rain falling outside, the kids lost track of time. They were deep into the analysis of Dane's dream, they forgot why they first came to their secret base.

"I think we got a glimpse of Lucifer's power through your dream, Dane. Besides controlling us, he can manipulate some weird energy." said Laura.

"I'm telling you, some black flames appeared in his hand and suddenly, he had a blade in his hand." explained Dane.