Chapter 23: Divide

The night was calm and silent, riddled with thousands of shining stars and a full Moon to spreads its' lighting shadow on earth. No whispers, no screams, no pleading, nothing. As if for a second, the world had stopped. No disturbances came from the outside and no disturbances came from the inside. It would have been a perfect night if it weren't for a deadly game that was in progress.

Having three demons on their side should have made kids feel a bit safer, but that wasn't exactly the case. The questions about making the right choice, the safety of their friends, as well as if they could trust the demons, arose in their minds more than once. Alas, the decision has been made and there was no going back.

With a snap of Lucifer's fingers, the calamity was broken and two figures appeared; Leviathan and Lillian, both in their pajamas and both with a book in their hands. Surprisingly, they haven't expected to be summoned, and for the first time, the remaining kids got the opportunity to see Leviathan fully confused. The same expression adorned Lillian's face.

"How may I help you?" Leviathan turned to Lucifer, his eyebrow raised. He was already aware that his sudden appearance in the room had some connection to the game. What irritated him though, was the fact the King of Hell didn't seem to be interested in his question, but rather in his lover, who also looked towards Lucifer.

"You two, together with Beelzebub, are joining their side." he motioned towards the kids. "Don't ask any questions, just make sure to be a part of their team as much as you would have been mine." he stated calmly.

The two nodded and turned their focus on grinning Beelzebub, who obviously found entertainment in something no one else did. With another snap of his fingers, the Accuser left embraced by black flames, leaving the rivaling team alone.

"I hate it when history repeats itself." commented Leviathan coldly, hiding his irritation of being summoned without knowing the reason beforehand. He would have at least been in his normal clothes, and not his batman pajamas.

"You'll get over it." responded Beelzebub, "I hope you two will help me keep these kids alive,yes?"

"I can't guarantee something I'm not hundred percent sure of." reasoned Lillian, who felt pity for the kids, even though she wasn't going to show it.

"Any help will do." said Iris, the only student who found the strength to speak and giving Lillian a small, promising smile.

David and Dante would probably contribute if they weren't enchanted by the female demon's beauty. Her long, light brown hair and cognac eyes made her seem exotic, her pink full lips were inviting and kissable, her chest, even though covered by an oversized black T-shirt (probably Lucifer's), were perfect, not too busty and not too small, her legs and ass, prominent by her shorts, were hot and her posture and slim body radiated with confidence and maturity. The two boys were blushing and couldn't keep their eyes away. At least, until Beelzebub's hands rested on their shoulders.

"You'll just piss him off more if he finds out you've been ogling at his girlfriend. Also, you immature kids are way out of her league." he tapped the boys and laughed when he heard Iris muttering "boys".

"What did you kids have in mind when you decided to ask for our help?" Leviathan turned towards kids, thinking how asking for the help of their enemies is pitiful and boring.

"We were actually hoping you could help us to advance to the final level." replied Iris. At her comment the three demons started laughing. It wasn't a sinister kind of laughter, it was genuine, reflecting their thoughts on the bare idea of helping them progress so far. No because they couldn't help them, but because they were placed in the same position in which the kids were.