Chapter 7: Teacher from Hell

It's Tuesday. Second day of the workweek, second day of school for every student in Denver and second day for someone from the 'D' class to die. Students were in the school thirty minutes before the bell rang, more out of habit than necessity. Until their new teacher arrived, Dante and Natalia told their classmates what they found out.

Everyone's face turned pale. At first they thought Natalia and Dante were wrong, but once the duo showed the name order in books to their friends, they were all aware they were screwed. Even if they figure the whole pattern, they can't postpone their deaths forever. They'll all die sooner or later.

"It's seems we're in a pinch." Started David. "We can't really say that Laura, Iris, William, Elsa and the three of you 'D' guys are safe either. If we're really against Lucifer, he can simply change the pattern."

"David's right. There's no guarantee he'll go with the same order now when we know the pattern." Continued Sam. "In fact, it's more likely he'll either go by the previous one or completely new one. The way I see it-"

Sam was interrupted by the sound of cracking doors. Their new teacher was here. Students sat in their seats and greeted the new professor. Their new professor is around 28 years old. He has green eyes, light brown hair, bright white teeth and a charming smile. He's around 183 cm tall, well built, fit and radiating with confidence, fearlessness and oddly, happiness.

"Hello class, I'm Ben Winchester, your new professor for, well... everything. I don't really get why people don't want to come here, you're a lovely bunch." He shrugged and smiled.

If one thing Sam learned in his life, it's not to trust people who smile too much. They use their smile as a mask, whether to hide feelings or to plot something, and Mr. Winchester smiles too much for his liking. There is nothing to be happy about in their class. As far as he knows, Mr. Winchester might die in the next few seconds. That is certainly not a reason to smile about.

"Sir, with all due respect, do you know which class you ended tutoring?" Asked Elsa, quite surprised by their professor's cheerful behavior.

"If you're the third year's 'D' class, then I do know which class I ended up tutoring." Replied Ben Winchester.

"If you don't mind, professor, but since when do you live in Denver?" Asked William. He was quick to figure their professor must be from another part of the USA. No normal person would come here willingly if they knew what awaited them. Coming in their class on someone's free will equals suicide.

"I've been living here for four months. I come from Berlin actually, but I came in the USA about three years ago. I was first in Washington for about a year, then I moved to Texas for the next two, and now I'm here." Replied Mr. Winchester, smile still on his face. He liked the students, they were interesting in his eyes.

"No wonder you haven't heard anything." Said Greg from the second row. "I'll explain this whole situation to you professor, as shorter as I can. For the last fifty years, every 'D' class in our school is cursed. That's the whole reason there's only one 'D' class in the Hollow High. The class is called cursed, because all of the students of 'D' class die. And the dying started in our class yesterday."

"Do you kids actually believe you're cursed? I think someone's fooling with you, and they're doing it well, as much as I can tell." Replied the teacher, laughing.

"Think whatever you want, but the reason you're here, Mr. Winchester, is because Mr. Smith committed suicide yesterday, out of the blue. Also, our classmate died too. It's not so coincidental when you think about it. As far as we know, you might be dying next." Added Dane. He got irritated by the fact their new professor thought they were crazy.