Chapter 17: My Drug of Choice

Sooooo sorry for not updating, it's been like a month, which is cringe worthy. But you guys we're at 9k!! Thanks for all the reads, votes and comments!!
<.(^>^).>
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^**^^*

Raven P.O.V.

I really didn't know what to expect when we pulled up to the school. But to say the least, our school went all out on the Autumn Formal. The entrance was decorated with assorted illuminated lights, that blinked back warm colors and actual leaves were plastered on the building's entrance.  A teacher or a parent stood leaning against one of the pillars of the school's entrance. They flashed a smile at us and we smiled back in turn. We slowed down near the parking lot, and found a spot that neatly held his last name , "SORENSON", in big letters.  Clayton rushed out of his seat and helped me out the back of the convertible.  The dress swooshed around me and I took my first wobbly steps testing my balance. Once my balance was in order Clayton linked our arms together.

"So...how do you think this is going to turn out" I murmur.  Staring at the entrance, it's lights warm colors flashing across us.

"Well, hopefully...It'll be amazing, doll" he said looking down at me with a quiet grin, "It is afterall, your very first dance" he adds intertwining our fingers. I squeeze his hand lightly and we begin our walk towards the building.

"Wait, how are you feeling?" I ask worriedly, my hand shooting up to inspect his face.  If he's in a suit, that means he went home and going home has never been a pleasant experience for him. I mentally face palm for this very delayed worry.

"Nothing happened, he was at work" he said reassuringly. I pressed my lips together not fully believing. He let go my hand and lightly tugged at my cheeks trying to get me to smile. I swat at his hands and flash him a smile.

"Now, doll. Would you do the honors?" he said bowing and flourishing his hand. I take it and do a curtsy.

    "It would be my pleasure" I laugh, tugging him along towards the building.

                *    *    *
There was a deep red carpet that ran through the hallways straight to the gym. On the sides of the carpet millions of leaves, in array of all colors, littered the floor. The procession towards the main dance areas was lit by strings of light. We could hear the bass of the music through the floor, as we glided down the carpet. There were sprinkles of freshman along the walkway leaning against  the dark orange, brown, and red painted lockers conversing.  They stopped their idle conversing and turned their heads towards us. It was like their breaths got caught in their throats.

I starting fidgeting not liking getting looked at...at all. It was making my skin crawl and my grip on Clayton tightened. I started feeling less comfortable in this dress.

"Doll... Envision being in the shower, the water beating on your skin, steam rising" he started, and the image slowly started to form in my mind, "then imagine I'm in there with you" he added at the last second and he broke that beautiful calming affect the water, imaginary water in this case, had on me.

"You ruined it" I say throwing a light punch to his gut. He let out a slight omph, and rubbed at his stomach.

"So physical" he whined. A grin spread across my face served him right for being all weird and sexual.  The pulsating of the music was stronger now and when we entered, the gym sure as hell didn't look like the gym. It looked like someone dug up a plot of land from the forest about the size of the gym and plopped it into our gym. Every detail looked life-like. From the tree bark, to the many leaves, to the soft glow of light that is definitely not accomplished with fluorescent lights. I stood there mesmerized my mouth agape.