Epilogue

This is the official end to Hidden Behind Walls. I want to dedicate this final update to @jahchannah. You've literally been reading HBW since the beginning, and I've literally read all your comments. So, thank you so much for sticking with me till the end. Now, on to the end.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^

The chandeliers hung high above their heads. The crystals hung iridescent, reflecting a prism of colors from the various facets of their shape. The ballroom was bustling with a hum of small talk. The arrangement of tables were precise, and, from an aerial view, they formed a spiral. A stage sat at the front of the ballroom, slightly elevated. A banner ran across the back wall,  "25th Annual  Chale Charity Gala."  Raven's head leaned more into the palm of her hand, as she forced herself to stay alert-and-awake as she tried to feign interest in Mr. Arnold's discussion on botanical benefits of grassroot insects. Her hair had been pin-curled, and barely brushed her shoulders. She jerked her head up when her whole body began to tilt forward, and placed a shocked expression on her face.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" she gasped, "I'm a little clumsy...pregnant woman problems" she jokingly laughed. Mr. Arnold's face morphed into a pleasant, understanding smile.

"How far along are you?"

"Not too far, but enough that morning sickness is present." Raven said with a smile. That was a bold-faced lie. Raven was not at all pregnant, but she did have a 2 year-old that liked to run around a lot, and woke her up at the crack of dawn every morning. Mr. Arnold didn't need to know that though. She, however, did not feel the slightest bit disgruntled over lying to the man. Mr. Arnold gave an apologetic smile, and Raven's focus was shifted away with a tap to her shoulder. A short, dark-skinned women with thick, black hair that perfectly framed her face whispered into her ear.

"Dr. Bordeaux, Ezra stole the babysitters phone, is profusely crying, and refuses to give up the phone."

Raven quickly excused herself from the table, shifting her velvety green dress as she stood. She briskly walked out of the ballroom, and a million thoughts raced through her head on how she could scold Ezra. However, the minute she was handed the phone, and her baby boy's face appeared on the screen, snot dripping and all, her heart melted.

"Tigason mwen" [my little boy] she whispered.

"Maman, Kote ye?" [Mommy, Where are you?] he whimpered. Raven's heart broke a little at his words.

"Papa and I told you we were going out tonight. We have super-secret meeting about our super-secret missions."

"Come with?"

"No baby, I'm sorry Maman can't bring you here. You have to be nice to the babysitter, and give her her phone back. We'll be home to give you goodnight kisses." Raven replied trying to compromise with her child. Ezra's pout seemed to be so pronounced on the screen, and he looked just like his dad in those moments, even his eyes crinkled the same way.

"Papa pale?" [Papa talk]

"I'll get Papa" Raven whispers. She turns the woman who brought her out of the ballroom, and covers the receiving end of the phone.

"Can you take me to where my husband is?" she says quietly. The woman nods, and leads her to the side entrance of the stage. There stood Clayton in the flesh, his mossy green eyes staring ahead onto the stage, most likely reciting a mantra to ease his mind. His dark brown hair messily styled, and combed backwards. Raven glided over to him, tapped him on his right shoulder, and then ducked to the left of him. Clayton broke his intense concentration, and whipped his head to right. A laugh bubbled up Raven's throat, and she clamped a hand of her mouth to muffle the sound. Clayton rolled his eyes at her.