Chapter 30: Talkings not my thing

This is probably the longest stretch of time that I haven't updated. But it's finally hereee. I'm gonna see if I can balance all my work with writing. Here's to hoping for the best. Enjoy ㄴ(ㅇ~ㅇ)ㄱ

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^^**^*^^*^^*^^*

Clayton P.O.V.

As always, I never really go to sleep in the end. I called Raven instead, her voice was always calming.

"You can sleep over at my house. My parents would understand." She proposed. I stared at my ceiling fan as it spun. I didn't answer her immediately, letting my words find their way out my mouth.

"Yeah, I'd like that" I retorted.

"Okay, I'll tell them you're sleeping over" she said. I heard her footsteps and her conversation with her parents.

"You're good" she reiterated. I nodded my head but then remembered we were on the phone.

"I'll be there in 10" I mumbled. I ended our call and shoved my phone into my pocket. I quickly pulled on a sweatshirt over my body. My getaway duffle bag was lying limply near the right corner of my room. I stuffed some regular clothing, my toothbrush, a pair of Nikes, my school work and other essential things into it. I threw it over my shoulder and grabbed my keys. Bella looked at me with forlorn eyes and watched me leave.

"Where are you going?" She asked quietly.

"Just the Bordeaux house" I responded as I continued to walk away.

"Be safe" she whispered.

"Always have been" I clarified. She didn't respond and I didn't wait for it. I hastily entered my car and sped out my driveway.

The town never looked so eerie. Like anything could morph into some sick, twisted nightmare. It was suffocating...nothing was the same anymore. I couldn't cling onto any false sense of stability that I'd fooled myself into for the past few years. The drive went by fast, I drove without really paying attention all of it muscle memory. Turn here, turn there, keep straight, turn there and soon enough I ended up in Rave's driveway.  

She opened up the front door the minute I pulled in. The glowing lights pouring out from behind her, making her a shadow outlined in the doorway. She stood at the doorway, leaning against it, and waited as I walked up to the door. When I reached her she motioned for me to bend down, and she quickly placed a kiss on my temple. I smiled instantly my mood lightening every second I was in her presence. She grabbed my hand and lead me to the guest room. I remembered it faintly.

"My parents say you're welcome to stay anytime. Ok?" Raven remarked seriously,
"Even though I've been letting you stay over without telling them for months."

    "Yeah, probably shouldn't tell them that part" I say with a quiet laugh. She cracked a smile and nodded her head. She gave me a quick onceover, she was always worrying, as she tried to read my mood. She looked reluctant to go but a quick glance at the digital clock in the room pushed her to leave.

    "Have a goodnight's sleep, bugaboo" she whispered placing a quick kiss on my cheek.  She left me in the room with a quiet thud of the door closing.

                         *    *    *
After an hour of lying in the guest bed, I turned over to my side and grabbed my phone.  I tapped a few buttons and the screen opened up Facetime. It started dialing Raven.  She answered me groggily, her eyelids drooping low.

"Clay, why are you facetiming me? I'm literally a floor above you" she mumbled.

"No reason" I replied. She smiled at me sleepily.