Chapter 18: On our way

We've made to 13k whoop whoop! This chapter is little short compared to my other ones but hope you guy's like it. Sorry for the lateness, once again.

*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^**^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^*^*^*^

On Monday, I got pulled out of class at 2:03. Rave was leaning against me drowsy eyed and when my name was called through the speaker her eyes fluttered and she turned slightly to look up at me.

"You?" she said quietly with a yawn. I nodded my head. She sat up straight and stretched trying pretend that she didn't almost doze off in Pre-Cal. She sharply retracted from her position and threw up a peace sign in front of her face, and puckered her lips. I gave her a grin and left the classroom. Rave had been a little off since the dance, less smiley more sleepy. The halls were empty and quiet but once I reached the office it was like hell had broken loose.

Ms. Zaques, the head office lady, was waving around a folder triumphantly. The other office workers were either at printers or computers typing furiously. Coach Rosch stood in the midst of it all barking about how they'll be here in a few minutes and we need all his information. I knocked solidly on the door and their heads snapped up.

They blew sighs of relief when they saw I wasn't the "they" they were talking about. They went back full speed into what they were doing before. Coach Rosch gave me a big ass grin and hugged me till I started letting out strangled breaths.

"What's happening" I wheezed out.

"Exactly what we needed" Coach Rosch said eyes twinkling. The wheels started to turn and I go bug-eyed. Coach Rosch nods his head like he can read whatever's going on through my head at this moment.

"Which one of them is is coming?" I ask, my heart beating ecstatically.

"All of them" Coach Rosch said with the biggest grin I've ever seen on him.

"Are you serious!" I asked my voice booming through the office, Coach Rosch kept nodding his head, "FUCK YES" I say pumping the air. The office chatter quieted and I sheepishly shrugged my shoulders. Coach Rosch's boisterous laugh broke the awkwardness and he slapped me on the back.

"I told you I'd figure it out" Coach Rosch said still grinning from ear-to-ear. Right after that comment, I saw 4 shiny black cars pull up to our school. Four different men stepped out of them.

"They're here!" I yell. The office goes into overdrive fixing everything, rearranging their chaos. Coach Rosch ushered me into a conference room in the back of the office. He sat me down and my right leg bounced up and down beneath the table. The men were ushered in sitting across from me. They each had been given a folder, which I guessed was my school records, transcripts and other things of the sort. Coach Rosch sat down beside me, his bulky build making it a bit hard for him to fit into the small chair, after bringing them in. I could barely breathe properly, just thinking that this was my one shot.

"I'm going to cut to the chase" said, the 2nd man, he was bald and had skin the color of mahogany that reflected the fluorescent lights. "We at UCLA would love to welcome you to our new freshman class and football team" he boasted showing off his colgate smile. That set off the debate on who was here, why they should have me, and most importantly the scholarships. Coach Rosch took the lead in all of it while I listened to every single word they said.

When it was all said and done, they stopped and looked at me expectantly. Waiting for me to make a decision right now. It was suffocating the actual thought of picking one weighing me down. Coach Rosch interjected though saving me the heart palpitations.

"I'm not about to let my star athlete choose before weighing his options" he bellowed. They looked at me crudely, trying to see if they could somehow force me into making a decision right now, while they believed they had some power over me, some way to sway my decision. I stood up sharply, they shifted backwards a bit in their seats surprised.