Chapter 34: San Fran Livin'

Lol, I seem to start off every chapter with an apology it seems. This time isn't any different. I'm finally updating.  Thanks to all who've continued to read HBW even with my haphazard updating schedule aka. Me not updating for 6 months.

Music Recommendation for this chapter:
Fallen by Jaden Smith
Let My Baby Stay (Cover) by Amandla Stenberg

***

Clayton P.O.V.

The buzzing of the tattooing machine was all I could hear. It wasn't like that was the only sound in the tattoo shop though. Of course, there was music playing, and people chatting. There was the sound of Raven's light footsteps as she peeked at the ink that was imprinting my skin. However, the whirring sound of the machine was the loudest to me.

"It look's great Clay...stop stressing" Rave says in reassurance.

"I'm not stressing" I reply nonchalantly.

"Oh please, I can see you're itching to run your fingers through your hair" she points out. My left hand was fidgeting, and raising slightly out of instinct. I grinned, and shrugged my shoulders.

"We're almost done here" my tattoo artist, Madoka, interjects.

"Cool" I retort. Madoka looks up at me, and smirks. Her pastel lavender bangs hanging in front of her face.

"You're taking it like a champ" she remarks, and then returns to working. I wince slightly as she gets near to the bend of my wrist. The stinging pain was relieving in a way, more welcome than the previous pain that I'd experienced. A few more minutes ticked by before Madoka looked up at me again, and smiled.

"We're finished" she says triumphantly. I finally got a good look at it. The thin line work matched the look I was going for, and the block print of the word at the point complemented the triangles well.

" Âme" {soul} Raven whispered, as she read out the single word

" Âme" I repeated. Her brown eyes reflected something melancholic, and I knew then for sure that Rave held the same sadness I did. It wasn't unsettling, but relieving. That though she'd been my light source, I couldn't make Raven out as anything more than human.

"Is it finished, yet?" Daren spoke up. I tore away my focus from Raven. He walked into the back of the tattoo shop where I was sitting. I nodded, and flashed the tattoo in his direction. He nodded his approval.

"Maybe I should get a tattoo" Ruri interjected, she'd followed Daren. Megan laughed as soon as the words left her mouth.

"You..get a tattoo. The world might implode, Ruri." Megan remarked jokingly. Ruri rolled her eyes.

"But I do like it" Ruri commented, pointing to my freshly inked wrist.

"Thanks" I replied. Madoka caught my attention again, and began the beginning of my aftercare. She wrapped my wrist in a bandage, and gave me a slip of paper that outlined all I had to do to take care of my tattoo. She went over the list, and emphasised cleaning the tattoo.