Chapter 35: Dim Sum

Finally updating, and here's a mini playlist of what I've been listening to on repeat.

Music Recommendations:
1. 8Teen - Khalid
2. Speed - Kali Uchis
3. Love you - Roy Wood$
4. Crew - Godlink ft. Brent Faiyaz
5. Curse - The Internet

***

Clayton P.O.V.

We'd been in San Francisco for 3 weeks now. I remembered when we initially got here, and barely knew the streets. Now, we knew this city like the back of our hand. We'd picked out our favorite food places, hangout spots, and those random bookshops that Raven loved. Marisol had even gotten us to bring Leon to a summer school where he could hang out with his 4 year old friends. But, I still got stuck with seeing my psychiatrist. Lo and behold, Dr. Sibisi was attending a conference that was 2 weeks long in San Francisco, which allowed him to check up on me. I was stuck in a 4-star hotel conference room, swiveling in a black sleek desk chair.

Dr. Sibisi looked more tanned, and his hair a lighter brown since I last saw him. He chuckled at my frown.

"I know you thought you were rid of me."

I shrugged my shoulders, and glanced at the analog clock hanging above the doorway. It'd barely been a minute.

"Are you still keeping up with your journal entries?"

"Of course, it's like I can hear you scolding me if I try to skimp out."

Dr. Sibisi laughs, and jots down a few notes on his clipboard.

"You want to me read them?" I offer, preparing to open the journal. He shook his head no.

"I only have 4 more sessions with you. So I'd rather not just solely focus on the journals."

"4 sessions?" I say quizzically.

"Clayton, I can't follow you to college. You'll get someone new to be your psychiatrist." His words sank in slowly, and I felt a cold wash of terror splash me.

"So I'm gonna have to talk to a stranger about this bull again!" I yell. Dr. Sibisi seemed surprised by my reaction. I don't get what's so surprising seeing that I was opposed to the idea of a psychiatrist in the 1st place.

"I'll be the one recommending them. You'll grow accustomed to them. You'll be fine."

"Dr. Sibisi...it took me too long to open up to you. I'm not doing this all over again with someone different. Okay, I may not like doing this, but I know I need it. I trust you, and I don't trust anyone easily anymore. So I don't want a new psychiatrist."

Dr. Sibisi watched me as I paced around the room. I went to run my hand through my hair again.

"Okay." He answered simply. My eyebrows creased in confusion at the word.

"Okay what?"

"Okay, I'll continue to be your psychiatrist."
I blew out a relieved sigh.

"You will?"

"Yes, I will. Now sit down before you pass out from pacing so much."

I cracked a smile, "It'll take a lil more than that to knock me out." I think back to the multitude of hits I'd taken and cringed. I sat back into the swiveling chair, and finally relaxed.

"Tell me about your stay in San Francisco."

"So you do want me to read my notebook?"

"No, tell me how this trip has made you feel? Anything trigger you?"