Chapter Fourteen

Seth's POV

I took out my binoculars when I saw her walking towards the restaurant's door and I brought it to my eyes. I had been sitting here, waiting for her for almost an hour. She was wearing a baby blue halter dress that ended above her knees, a pair of blue high heels, her hair was tied up in a loose ponytail, it even looked like she had a little makeup on. She flattened her dress and fixed her hair before stepping inside the restaurant. Through the restaurant's glass door, I could see her being greeted by the receptionist. She was taken to one of the table right next to the window.

The man sitting on the table, got up when he saw Marian. He wrapped an arm around the small of her waist and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I involuntarily grimaced at what I saw.

Whoa, slow down, cowboy. Getting frisky already?

He pulled a chair for Marian and sat back to his seat on the opposite side of where Marian sat. I could not believe what I was seeing. Marian was excited on going out on a date with this guy. He was lanky, it looked like he didn't have an ounce of muscle in his body. Does he even lift? What the hell did she see in that guy?

Oh look at them, all smiling and laughing. I wondered what they're talking about. Marian was probably laughing at his skinny ass. I would too.

Sweet baby Jesus, she could do better than this guy.

I put on my disguise, a loose hoodie and a pair of sunglasses, and I got out of my car. I just wanted to make sure Marian was going out on a date with the right guy. That Patrick dude could be a psycho for all we know. I went into the restaurant and went up to the receptionist. I asked for a table in the corner where I would be hidden from her view. Pero nakikita ko pa rin sila mula sa kinauupuan ko.

The waiter started serving them their orders. They continued to talk as they ate. Marian was having pasta and the guy was eating what looked like a steamed fish. You need protein, bro!

Nakita kong kinuha niya ang kamay ni Marian na nakapatong sa mesa at hinawakan iyon. Marian smiled, looking like she was having the fuckin' time of her life. I scowled. How romantic was that, huh?

Nakita kong tumayo ang lalaking nakaupo sa mesa sa likod ni Patrick. I watched him as he went into the restroom and an idea popped into my head. I got up and followed him. He was standing alone in front of the urinal doing his thing when I went in. Lumapit ako sa kanya.

"I'm going to ask you a favor." I said, standing next to him.

He stiffened in surprise, almost spraying his piss all over. "Uy putangina!"

"It may seem like a strange favor but I'm going to pay."

"Tol, hindi pumapatol sa bakla." He said as he was pulling his zipper up.

I clenched my jaw, trying to control my annoyance. Kung hindi ko lang kailangan ng tulong nitong gagong 'to, nasapak ko na 'to. "That's not what I mean. I'm straight. May ipapagawa ako sa'yo. I'll give you cash if you do what I tell you."

Marian's POV

Seth would have loved this pasta chorizo. Mahilig pa naman iyon sa Italian food. I thought as I played with my food with a fork. Oh here I was again, thinking about him. I should be enjoying my date. Patrick was a financial analyst, thirty years old, and totally not gay. He was the complete opposite of Seth. He was a gentleman, has a stable job, doesn't like to party, doesn't drink, well-read, cultured... predictable and boring. Pero okay lang naman. Nasanay lang siguro ako kay Seth. When you're always with someone who's as spontaneous and unpredictable as Seth, you get so used to it it becomes your normal.

Mabait naman si Patrick. He was sweet and considerate, but there was little chemistry there for me. Maybe I just needed to get to know him more. I started asking more questions about him, his life, his family. Hoping that in time the missing attraction might develop.