Chapter Twenty Two

Seth's POV

It was already seven in the morning. Nakauwi ako galing sa club nang alas-kwatro ng madaling araw. I couldn't sleep a wink, I kept tossing and turning in my bed. The tattoo, the ride, the kiss, the slap, the other kiss, that was all I could think about.

I didn't know what had gotten in to me. Masyado akong nadala sa mga nangyari. The excitement, the adrenaline rush, and everything. And I felt so... happy. The kind of happy that makes you feel like everything is right, that you never could possibly do anything wrong. It was as if my mind had ruled out any logical sense when I kissed her.

Her lips felt soft against mine and her breath was as sweet as strawberry. I could never get it out of my mind even if I wanted. When she began to respond to my kiss, I pulled away because it scared me. The feelings I had for her scared me. I knew from the shock that electrified me entirely the moment our lips locked, that it was more than physical attraction. She made me feel alive.

I wasn't supposed to feel this way for her. I wasn't supposed to kiss her. But I did feel this way and I kissed her. I got scared because I had never felt this way for any woman before. It was all new to me and I didn't know how to deal with these feelings. I loved how it felt but I also hated how confused it made me.

I blew out a soft curse when my feelings began to hit me. The feelings I didn't want to acknowledge came hitting me like hitting the ground from ten thousand feet without a parachute. No matter how much I deny it to other people and to myself, I knew I was attracted to her. I knew it the first time I saw her.

I'd been attracted to a handful of women before but never like this. I had never lost sleep thinking of any of those women, over a kiss. Shit! Of all women, why did it have to be Marian? I didn't want any of these stupid feelings to fuck our friendship up. What we had was more than great! I loved how she makes me feel whenever we were together. It wasn't sexual, it was familiar and comfortable and loving. Sure I've had my 'weak moments' when I'd fantasized about her while I was having sex with other women but it was different when I'm with her. Her presence was enough to satisfy me. I didn't need her lying under me with legs wide open for me to make me feel things for her, her presence was all I needed. She was on a different pedestal from the other women.

Marian's POV

I woke up to my stomach feeling weird, I felt so uncomfortable and queasy. Nausea hit me hard and strong the moment I sat up, it felt like my stomach had turned 180 degree. I rushed to the bathroom, throwing up almost nothing but bitter bile. Pagod na pagod na napasandal ako wall nang banyo sa tapat ng toilet nang tumigil na ang pagtaob ng sikmura ko. I felt like I had puked my guts out.

I took some time to catch my breath and as my breathing went back to normal and my my mind was cleared of all the haze, a thought popped into my mind. I bolted up like a jack in the box. Posible ba ang naiisip ko? This was the classic sign of pregnancy right? Morning sickness. Hindi ba ganun nalalaman nang mga bida sa teleserye na buntis na sila?

I paced back and forth my small bathroom. It was three weeks ago when I did it, when I injected his semen inside me. Oh my God, posible ba talagang may nabuo na? I'd never been pregnant before so how would I know? Baka naman masyado lang napadami ang chocolate na nakain ko kahapon. My mind was racing and my heart thumped with excitement. I wanted the baby, hindi ko pinagsisisihan ang ginawa ko pero I just didn't want to get my hopes up. I splashed my face with cold water in the sink to fully wake myself up and I brushed my teeth to remove the bitter taste in my mouth.

I ran back to my room and opened my planner. There were little stars on dates I was supposed to have my period. I missed my period five days ago. My heart raced a little faster. Hindi kaya na late lang ng konti? I didn't want to be pessimistic about it but I didn't want to be disappointed because after all, what are the odds?

My legs felt like it turned to jelly. Sandali akong umupo sa gilid nang kama as I tried to collect myself. What should I do? My brain scattered for a quick resolution but I just couldn't think of anything else. I needed to relax, that was what I should do.

Ipinatong ko ang kamay ko sa ibabaw ng tiyan ko. My stomach was still flat and I still felt the same. Bukod sa nangyari kanina, wala naman akong naramdaman nagbago sa akin. I never felt anything move or grow in my stomach.

Baby, are you there?

I wanted to talk to someone about this. Si Seth agad ang naisip kong tawagan. Nasanay na kasi akong siya ang una kong tinatawag when I needed someone to talk to or when I needed to let something out. I almost did but I remembered about last night and the fact that this possible baby was his. Anong sasabihin ko sa kanya? Na posibleng buntis ako ngayon dahil ininject ko ang semilya niya sa loob ko three weeks ago!

I was startled when the doorbell rang. It instantly pulled me from my racing thoughts. It took awhile before I got to my feet and answered the door. I took a sharp breath in when I found out who it was. Ang huling taong gusto kong makita ngayon. Of course, it had to be him.

"I'm so fuckin' tired. I haven't had any sleep." Seth said, grumpily. Halata nga sa itsura nito na hindi pa siya nakakatulog. His eyes were red and there were dark circles under it.

"Then what are you doing here? You should go home and get some sleep."

"Damn it! This is all your fault!" Inis na sabi niya habang tuloy-tuloy na pumasok sa bahay.

Pumamewang ako. "Ako? How is it my fault? Kasalanan ko bang nagparty ka na naman hanggang abutin ka na ng umaga?"

"I've been up all night because I couldn't stop thinking about what happened last goddamn night!" He said in frustration.

Sandali akong natigilan at bahagyang napaawang ang bibig ko. I opened my mouth but no words came out. What was I going to say to him anyway?

He exhaled a long, heavy breath before walking closer to me. He cradled my face in his hands and pulled me close for a soft kiss. Sandali akong natigilan sa pagkabigla pero agad din akong nakabawi.

"What... are... you doing?" I struggled to say as his lips covered mine. I tried to pull away but he wouldn't let me. His hands were strong and firm yet gentle as he held me. It didn't take long for me to get lost in his kiss. His kiss became bold when I began to move my lips with his. He tilted his head to kiss me more deeply. I opened my mouth when I felt his tongue glide in between my lips and he darted it right in. Napasinghap ako sa ginawa niya. His tongue explored my mouth, gliding and swirling and teasing. He tasted delicious. My tongue copied what his was doing.

A scream rose from my throat but was muffled by his mouth on mine when he lifted me up. Pinangko niya ako na hindi hinihiwalay ang mga labi niya sa akin at naglakad papunta sa kwarto. The door to my room was open, pumasok kami at magnet niya akong ibinaba sa kama.

We continued kissing until our lungs threatened to explode. He pulled away pero hindi pa din halos hinihiwalay ang labi sa akin. Our lips were still against each other as we breathed heavily in and out of each other's mouth. He then gave me a kiss on the forehead bago niya ibinaon ang mukha niya sa leeg ko. I hadn't fully taken in what just happened when I felt his breath on my neck. His breathing, deep and steady, told me that he had already fallen asleep.