Chapter Twenty Three

Marian's POV

His head was cradling into my neck. I could feel his every breath. Inhale, and his chest brushed my breast. Exhale, and I could feel it warm on my neck. I mindlessly ran my fingers through his thick hair while I was staring up at the ceiling.

My lips were still swollen from the kiss. But God, it felt so good. His arm constricted tighter around my waist. The kiss was wonderful but his actions were confusing. He said we were just buddies but he kissed me last night and he kissed me today. What does that mean? Qualified na ako sa mga babaeng pwede niyang ikama? Was I going to be one of the many women he beds? Would I let myself be one of them?

No... no... I shook my head. Hindi ako magpapakababa ng ganon. Ayaw kong mapabilang sa mahabang listahan niya ng mga babaeng naikama niya, kahit gaano pa kasarap ang halik niya at kahit gaano pa kainit ang yakap niya. Even though I knew I had feelings for him, alam kong ako din ang talo sa huli kapag iniwan niya na ako. Just like the other women he'd been with. Okay na sa akin kung ano ang meron kami... Besides, nakuha ko na naman ang gusto ko mula sa kanya.

Maingat kong tinanggal ang braso niyang nakapulupot sa baywang ko. He let out a groan but thankfully, he didn't wake up. I took my time to stare at him. He looked so peaceful in his sleep. The normally sharp edges of his cheekbones were softened and his lips pouted to perfection. I could almost imagine what our baby would look like.

After awhile, tumayo ako mula sa kama. I wanted to find out if I were really pregnant. I took a quick shower before I left the house to buy a pregnancy test kit from a nearby drugstore. Nagmamadali akong umuwi pagkatapos kong makabili. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Naramdaman ko ang pagkabog ng dibdib ko habang nasa banyo ako at inilalabas ko na ang pregnancy test kit mula sa box nito. It felt like my heart would jump out of my chest. I did what the instructions told me to do. I peed on the stick.

I had to wait for five minutes for the result to show up, it said here on the box. The anticipation was starting to kill me. Lumabas ako mula sa banyo at umupo sa couch habang hinihintay ang resulta. One line means negative, two line means positive. One faint red line started to show up.

Seth's POV

Marian... I reached for her warmth and was met by an empty space. Was it all just a dream? I fluttered my eyes open and stretched out my arms. I was in Marian's room. Hindi ako nanaginip. I really went to her house and kissed her. Agad akong napabalikwas sa kama.

I raked my fingers through my hair as I sat on the edge of the bed. The feeling of her lips against mine was the best feeling in the world. I'd been restless, up all night because I couldn't stop thinking about Marian and the kiss we shared last night. Tired of tossing and turning on my bed, I got out of it and went to Marian's house. Sure enough, a surge of relief rushed over me when I saw her and it instantly soothed my restlessness. I didn't plan on kissing her again, it was as if I had acted by reflex.

I couldn't feel an ounce of regret in my body. She wanted it as much as I did, I felt it. Siguro kailangan lang namin pag-usapan kung anong relasyon ang meron kami ngayon. I'd be happy with whatever we have as long basta hindi siya lalayo sa akin.

I stood to my feet and went out of the room to talk to Marian. Her bedroom door was behind the couch and she was just sitting quietly on it, her back turned to me.

"Marian..." Tawag ko sa kanya.

She jumped a bit on her sit, I startled her. Lumapit ako sa kanya at nagmamadaling kinuha ang puting bagay mula sa coffee table na nasa harap niya.

My brows furrowed. "What is that?"

"What?" Patay-malisyang sabi niya habang mahigpit ang hawak ng dalawang kamay niya sa bagay na iyon na nakapatong ngayon sa hita niya.

"What's that in your hands?" I asked.

"Oh, this is nothing."

"Marian..." I said, slightly pissed. She was obviously trying to hide. We knew almost everything about each other and what goes on with our lives. When did she start keeping something from me?

"Wala nga 'to." She rolled her eyes.

"Kung wala lang yan bakit ayaw mong ipakita?" I asked again, my curiosity growing more.

"Because... I... I, um... I just..." She stammered.

"Because what?" Naglakad ako palapit sa kanya hanggang sa nasa harap niya na ako. She stared up at me with a mixture of panic and anxiety in her eyes. I bent my knees in front of her to level with her.

"Because I don't want to!" She shouted.

My hands reached for hers. It was cold and trembling... Whatever was that thing in her hands, I knew I had to see it. I gently opened her shaky palms and it was as if she had been sucked out of energy and just slumped against the couch. A white stick? I picked it up and looked at it. It didn't instantly occur to me what it was. But as I was staring at it and finally realized what it was, my body stiffened. A pregnancy test kit. And oh look, it had two red lines!

I looked at Marian. She was chewing her lower lip as she looked at me with an anxious expression.

"Is... is this yours?" My voice squeaked as I force the words out of my mouth.

Dahan-dahan siyang napatango.

"You're pregnant?!" A harsh roar rose up from my throat. I felt like the world has collapsed, like I was torn apart, like flames burnt through my body.