Chapter Forty Three

Marian's POV

I could feel the heaviness of a stare as I was watching Pio. He was a greedy little boy, just like his daddy. Kasing takaw ni Seth ang anak niya. I thought he was going to suck the life out of me. I lifted my head up to the window but there was no one there.

Akala ko may tao kanina doon. I thought I saw someone from my peripheral vision. I just shrugged and focused my attention back to my son.

I smiled as I watched him suckle on me. No wonder he was such a big boy.

Kinabukasan, pinayagan na ng doktor na lumabas si Pio sa incubator at nang araw din iyon, pinayagan na kaming makauwi. I was so happy to see him out of that bubble. Halos hindi ko na nga siya bitawan.

We went straight home after leaving the hospital.The house felt empty and lonely when I stepped in. Parang nag-iba na ang atmosphere ng buong bahay. I tried to look on the brighter side, at least kahit wala si Seth, may Pio naman ako.

I took my baby to the nursery room. Everything in this room reminded me of him... the walls, flooring, the crib, the armchair rocker by the window. It was all his ideas. I couldn't come into this room without missing him. Sa tuwing umuuwi ako galing sa flowershop, palagi ko siyang naaabutan dito.

I sat on the armchair rocker holding my baby in my arms. Nakabalot siya ng kumot at mahimbing na natutulog.

I'd always imagined a family. I wanted to have a big family so bad since I was a child. Lumaki kasi akong si mama lang ang kasama ko at wala pa akong kapatid. My mom loved me so much, I knew that. Pero minsan hindi mo maiiwasan na maghanap ako ng pagmamahal ng isang ama. I'd always wanted to know what it felt like to have a father.

Only now did I realize what I had done. I was going to make my child go through the same ordeal as I did. He was going to grow up without a father. Niyakap ko sa dibdib ko ang anak ko. I couldn't give him a complete family that he deserves.

"I'm sorry, baby." I said, holding back my tears.

Seth's POV

I unlocked the door with my key and stepped into the house. It was quiet and dark inside. The dawn hadn't arrive yet. I was careful not to make any sound as I walked towards the nursery room.

I slowly opened the door to the room. I had been planning to do this since they'd left the hospital. I missed my son so much. I just wanted to take what was rightfully mine.

When I opened the door and I looked into the wooden crib, he wasn't there. And then I thought he was with his mommy. I went out through the door and headed to the room next to the nursery. Inilapat ko angg tainga ko sa pinto ng kwaro. When I couldn't hear any noise, I assumes it was safe to go inside. This would be risky. She could wake up and it would ruin everything.

My heart pounded against my chest as I reached for the doorknob. I turned knob and slowly pushed the door open. I tried to keep my footsteps as light as I could as I walked in. Marian was sleeping and the baby was sleeping next to her. The little man had bolster pillows surrounding him.

Something inside me fluttered when I saw him sleeping peacefully next to his mother. God, I had missed them so much. I took in a deep breath, willing myself to do it. There was no time for watching. Marian might wake up and see me. I took careful and silent steps toward's Pio's side of the bed.

I bent down, reaching for him. I placed one hand under his head and another on his buttocks to support him. Marian moved, probably feeling the bed shift as Pio's weight left the bed. I held in my breath, expecting her to open her eyes and wishing it wouldn't. Thankfully, that didn't happen.