Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*Sydney's P.O.V*

"Wasn't last night a blast?" Amanda beamed on about how much fun she had. I would say those boy's were quite something. I knew they were famous and all, I'll be damned I saw them on the tele not days ago but they seemed different then the usual 'friends of Abbey's' .

I was pretty sure her rich daddy just bought them out for her.

"Mhm," I nonchalantly replied lathering the baby penguin in soap suds.

"I mean the brunette one, he was just something." Amanda hummed slouching down next to me to watch as I bathed the penguin. "That blond one definitely fancies you."

"Bullshit," I waved off dunking the bird into a bucket of water. He flailed his wings helplessly. "Shush, I hushed towards the distressed bird as I placed it gently back in his natural habitat.

"Rumour has it they're hanging at Abbey's tonight," Amanda cooed helping me place them washing materials back inside the closet.

"So?" I  inquired.

"So, we should go. They seem like a good bunch."

"Everyone seems like a good bunch to you," Amanda scoffed following me out of the glass door out into the hallway where Kailey was chatting with my boss. For who know's what reason.

"You can take off for the day," My boss informed me slipping my pay check into my hands. I cocked my eye brow darting my vision towards the ebullient ginger next to me.

"I told her you had a family crisis." Kailey whispered recklessly.

I rolled my eyes, "You're such a bad ass. What's next you're going to get me out of one of Abbey's shin digs for a doctor appointment." I chuckled locking up my jacket in my staff locker. It reaked of penguin poo but some how the smell was known to me. I didn't know what I would do without it.

"Come on, you know you want to go tonight." Kailey jeered.

"You must have a different definition of want,"

"Please?" Amanda whined gripping onto my forearm. I rolled my eyes sighing in agreement. They both had a little cheer and happy dance as I followed them back outside to search for an upcoming T.

"Where is Abbey anyway?" I inquired as we got onto the train. I plugged in one of my ear buds' to my right ear nodding my head to the beat of the Lumineers.

"Who knows. Maybe spending another afternoon with the five boys," Kailey giggled.

"They seem better than that," I protested giving her a little nudge.

"Whatever floats your boat," She chuckled attempting to stifle her laugh. I rolled my eyes leaning my head back and twisting my chocolate hair through my fingers.

****

I made my way up the front steps of Abbey's large apartment complex. Cement spiraled all the way up to her penthouse sweet that her father rented out for her. I noticed an unfamiliar car sitting in the parking garage so I assumed the boys had already arrived. Kailey & Amanda departed to go shopping earlier leaving me to video games and food at the own safety of my home.

I stood in front of her door glancing down to see my combat boots unlaced. I kneeled down to fix them looping them around the holes. My hair fell into my face restraining my vision. I felt a cool air of breeze and my head shot foreword. There was the same blond boy who had been talking to me last night.

His name was Niall, I recall.

"Oh. Er- hello." I stuttered. He gave me a cheeky grin chuckling. He lent me his hand in which helped me to my feet. I curled the edges of my lips up a bit giving him a weak smile and sliding past his body. A white polo and jeans stared back at my darker choice of clothing.

He was light, I was dark.

It was funny how ironic it became.

I stepped into the lighting room and the smell of Abbey's cooking hit me like a train.

"Smell something good?" One of the boys jeered. He was sitting in front of me crossing his legs and sipping his drink casually. I nodded giving him a large grin and following my scent. When I got inside Harry, the curly one as I remember, sat on top of the counter swaying his legs as Abbey told him a funny story. She was flipping around stir-fry on the stove top. Her usually blonde curls were straightened stick straight and a pair of white chinos' and a peach tank top hugged her body. I leaned against the door way watching them converse until Harry noticed my exsistence. He pointed and Abbey stuttered looking behind her shoulder at me.

"What's for dinner?" I inquired walking closer to examine the good smelling food.

"Filet mignon," She simply replied dishing some up onto a plate. Harry smiled greedily snatching the food and bringing it into the kitchen.

"Getting friendly there, eh?" I chuckled giving her a little hip bump. She rolled her eyes handing me to plates.

"Go give this one to blondie," I nodded balancing the two dishes on the palm of my hands. Liam & Zayn were chatting with Kailey and Amanda at the dinner table as Harry scarfed down his food. Niall's sat at the head of the table still sipping his drink. I placed his plate in front of his face and his eyes widened with joy.

"Thanks, Syd." He beamed.

"Sydney," I corrected.

"I like Syd," He grinned cheekily taking no longer to dig into his meal.

"Sydney only likes people who are her 'girlfriends' to call her Syd." Abbey commented as she joined all of us in the dining area. The table fit all 9 of us hardly with the pulled up sofa and chair from the bar. Amanda was sliding off her chair as Abbey joined next to her. She was still quiet as ever.

"That's not true." I snapped dropping my silver ware.

"Hey, calm down. I just thought it would be cool to give our new friends nick names," Niall reassured.

"What's my nick name?" Abbey inquired fixing her posture.

"Hm," He hummed. "I'll have to think on that one." Abbey gave him a distasteful look as in saying, 'You gave Sydney one. Why not me?' I laughed inside feeling once and for all special. We continued the night talking more about ourselves then we had before.

Dinner was a good idea on Abbey's part. I was surprised they hadn't run off already. Apparently, Abbey tried to get with Louis at first but then she was horrifically embarissed to find that he wasn't single. He had a girlfriend named Eleanor. Liam had just broken up with his, leaving Amanda happy as ever. Kailey just clinged onto Zayn more like as a friend.

It was different to have new friends make their way into our group, I was used to the big 4. The friend group of four that did everything together and only us. We promised that we would go clubbing again sooner or later.

After Amanda, Kailey, Zayn, Harry, and the rest of the boys minus Niall went home I was left with the blondie. I helped Abbey clean up the dishes as Niall rinsed them in the sink.

"We make a good team, don't we?" Abbey beamed placing the last dry plate into the cuboard. Niall let out a half chuckle/ have nod. I gave her a smile, said my goodbyes and searched for my jacket around the room.

"Looking for something?" Niall questioned.

"Oh, thanks." I mumbled retrieving the black coat from him. He nodded as I slipped it on my arms.

"Can I drive you home?" Niall blurted as I was about to turn around. He knew I was going to attempt to take the train home.

"Nah, that's fine." I shook my head making my way out of the door.

"You sure?"

"Definitely." I gave him a quick smile before making my way down the stairs.

"Bye, Syd." I heard him call down the stair way.

It was weird how close I felt with him after such a short time of acquaintance. He was so cheeky and shy at the same time. If I didn't know any better I would of pegged him for being bi polar. The rest of the boy's were nice. But he was just different.

Yeah, different.