Chapter 35

Chapter 35

*Sydney's P.O.V*

My feet barely had the energy to move them selves another step as I continued a long the dirt path road. Plastic bags lugging in my arms. Now you may think I had the brilliant idea of hitting the road and running away after my little banter with my aunt. Unfortunately, no. I was sent on a nearly 5 mile walk to the store; no cars involved. My Aunt handed me a list and twenty bucks to fulfill her needs. Remmie truly felt bad for me and tried to offer me her bike but no offense to her I wasn't going to be seen on a little pink bicycle. That and if my Aunt had seen me using some altered way of transportation she would have blown a gasket. That was the least I wanted right now.

The sun was beating hard on my face causing me to hesitantly stare at the ground. The flying dust and dirt around my body had made everything so much worse. I felt blistering on both my ankles from my over used VANS and on my wrists from the tearing plastic. I squinted my eyes hopefully seeing a glimpse of civilization but; no. One of the bags snapped on me making me want to burst into tears. I was miserable.

"Come on bags, help me out." I was so delirious and upset I had moved to the only option of talking to an innominate plastic bag.

I lugged the back onto my forearms and continued my trek along the road. I thought it would be better if I was on tar instead so dirt wasn't flying in my eyes AS much. Not many cars came by but ever so often were a few old fashion cars that sped by. It was odd how different the outskirts of London were. Its like God just gave up on creating the world when he came to this specific town. I gulped and squeezed my eyes shut as a faster and more intense car sped by. A mouthful of dirt accompanied me as I continued to walk along. Or limp along.

2 miles later of miserable walking I was in the front walk way of my Aunt Linda's home. There was a really nice Lexus in the driveway that made me overly confused. I hadn't known we were expecting visitors. I mean not that my Aunt would note me of that but I assumed I would at least over heard her on the phone with the expected traveler. I walked up the front steps and pushed the door open. The house was relatively quiet until I heard several voices in the kitchen. Several voices that were too familiar. I dropped the bags in front of the door and straightened out my shirt and my hair.

"Did I tell you to drop those off there? My Aunt rudely inquired popping her hip out.

"No," I sighed not wanting to banter with her any longer. I picked them, up my wrist's screaming for help as I carried it into the kitchen my head was hung low not wanting to greet the mystery visitors with such a sad and beaten up composure. To be honest ever since I was here I had lost a lot of weight, my hair was un groomed and my old clothing was ridiculously baggy from my loss in weight. To say the least I probably looked like an anorexic hag.

"Sydney?" I heard an irish voice rasp.

"You have got to be kidding me." I spoke quietly dropping the bags to the floor and meeting his glance. All the boys stood in front of me. I greeted them with a half smile that was overly weak, "Hi."

Niall's stare pained me. It was basically begging to know answers. Harry's was even worse. It was like he had just watched a puppy die under his own feet and I was that puppy.

"What happened to you," He choked out.

"The better question is what are you doing here?"

"Sydney Rose Martin- What the hell are these men doing here?" My Aunt interrupted. Niall grabbed my wrist pulling me to his side and holding onto my waist protectively. If stares could kill my Aunt had mastered murdering.

"We're her friends and we've come to bring her home." Zayn spoke confidently. I quirked my head towards him and he squeezed my shoulder gently. I was overly confused yet angry. I had no clue why they were here. I was angry because I didn't want them to see me so..vulnerable. I didn't need there saving I was fine here until a job came my way.