Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Sydney's P.O.V*

My mom always used to say its better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. I never listened to her crazy theory's while Amanda took that idea right underneath her wing. I had invited just Amanda over for the night to watch as many movies as we could possibly fill in our minds. I spent the whole day popping popcorn and scavenging drinks that scattered in my freezer. In between a few naps, because I knew we would be staying up late.

She had texted me earlier asking if she needed anything special I just exclaimed the usual. But unfortanately, the usual for Amanda was about 5 pairs of pants, pajamas, underwear, t-shirts, sweaters, a sleeping bag, two pillows, a flash light, her make up bag, and much much more "necessities" as she liked to call them. I just called them crap. Whenever I slept over at her flat I brought me, myself, and I. Maybe a 12 pack of beer from time to time.

On the contrary, Amanda was obsessed with her pet corgy. They never left eachother's side except for when she had to depart with us girls. He was such a sweet heart but having a small animal scurrying around my flat wasn't as appealing as it sounds.

Like usual when Amanda arrived she placed Ben (Her Corgy) on the hardwood. He didn't take anymore than twenty seconds to explore the floor, face first and land on my sofa. My WHITE sofa. Black and Brown dog hair doesn't compliment the texture of my couch very well. Amanda just stands and giggles rapidly.

"You going to just stand there or corrall your animal?" She stifled her laugh picking Ben back up and placing him on the floor. "Thank you,"

I grasped onto her navy blue sleeping bag and rolled it onto the floor. She drifted into my room where she launched a few pillows and comforters in front of the tele on the floor. We scuffed the floor in the process of moving the coffee table with Ben clawing at our legs. I swear I was going to murder that dog some day.

I brought all the food & other things into our lounge area where we both laid on our stomach's sprawled out prepared to watch some movie.

"Preference?" I inquired.

"Rom-com? Not really in the mood to wet my pants," Along with Amanda being the most timid she was the coward of the group. Everything scared her, and when I mean everything I mean all the way from an old lady touching her shoulder to a movie like mama. I was surprised her estatic dog hasn't given her a stroke yet.

"How about Just Go With It?" I suggested flipping through my array of movies. She gave me a 'Mhm' sound stuffing blankets over her body. She had arrived in big slipper-boots and her uni sweatshirt along with her favorite snow flake pajama's. I just had grey yoga pants and a t-shirt.

We began watching the movie laughing hysterically whenever Adam Sandler tried to be funny but failed completely. It was fun being around Amanda. We shared a common laugh and common likeness in movies, books, etc. So overall we were like two pea's in a pod.

More so than the rest of the 4.

As it got later into the night we turned off the tele and switched off all of the lights getting underneath our sleeping bags. We both shared a longer body pillow keeping our heads next to eachother so our hair entwined. I listened to her soft purring of her breath, my eyes kept drifting off until she suddenly began to speak.

"Syd," She rasped.

"Mhm," I mumbled.

"Do you like Niall?" She inquired. My body shot up so I was looking straight down at her. I narrowed my eyes, pursing my lips and focusing on her countenance. "Just curious," She blurted afterwards.

"I don't know him," I voiced plainly.

She shuffled her body so her arm held up the dead weight of her head. Her wrist flopped over and she bit onto her lip. That was her thinking face.

"You two just get along very well," She gushed. "He adores you,"

"He does not!" I advocated grasping onto the flimsy edge of my pillow and whipping it at her face. She cowered for a second before sneaking the hem of the white fluffiness into her fingers. She sent a hard smack right to my temple screaming, "DOES TO."

"You're dillusional," I breathed out laying my head back down after our attempt at pillow fighting. It more ended up with Amanda pinning my wrists to the back of the hard wood floor.

"Say's the girl who finds scooping penguin crap 'fun'" She put air quotes around the word 'fun' sounding out each consinent.

"We've known him for what? 2 weeks? No one can possibly form any sort of attraction to someone that swiftly. I hope you know I question your sanity everyday. Obviously he may find me attractive or something in his eyes but nothing else. It's not possible and that is final." I huffed tucking the blanket underneath my elbow.

"Whatever," She breathed out. "I'm sorry I brought it up." She squeaked.

I turned to her, she had sad eyes on and her lips was formed into a pout. "It's fine. Can we just go to sleep?"

"Okay," She sighed.

We both laid back down shutting our eyes one last time. It was a few minutes of silence until I felt Amanda grab onto the pulse of my wrist and squeeze, "I just want you to be happy."

I squeezed my eyes shut feeling guilty of how much she felt for me. I was happy, actually perfectly happy. Yes, Niall was attractive. I guess I overreacted with Amanda but it was for the best. Every one has to know the truth whether or not its going to hurt.

The truth hurts.

I know that from experience.