Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Niall's P.O.V*

The snow beat down hard on my wind shield making it hard for me to see anything more than 2 feet radius ahead. I knew I was getting close to her apartment because the radio signal kept going out. Sydney lived in a very secluded part of the city, from what her friends told me it wasn't the nicest area either. But considering she had a job at the local aquarium that most likely didn't pay any more than minium wage she didn't really muster a choice.

I glanced out side the moving vehicle noticing a sign that read 'Summer Springs Apartment Complex'. It was such a sweet name for such a crappy lot. I parked in an area right by the building so I wouldn't have to travel far, thank god it was an indoor complex. I yanked the keys out and grasped onto the food. Walking into the building was the easy part, but juggling a hand full of chinese food while holding your keys in your mouth and attempting to ring the door bell was a bit of a challenge if I must say so.

When she opened the door she already had her pajama pants on and just a sports bra. She gave me a warm smile taking the food greatfully and bringing it to the kitchen table.

"Where's your shirt?" I chuckled helping her deal out the plates.

"Laundrey day," She shrugged. "I didn't think you'd mind."

"I don't," I rushed out. "I mean-uh." I stuttered.

"It's fine. I'm just pulling your leg. Why so much food?" She glanced down at all the different types of chinese that covered the table. Her eyes glimmered as she licked her lips in hunger. I dished some onto my plate.

"Didn't know what you liked or disliked so I basically ordered the whole menu," She giggled lightly taking a plate full of all the food. I grabbed a spring roll and joined her on the couch in the living room.

"Your apartment is very cozy when there isn't a passed out girl on the couch," I jeered. She swallowed her food focusing on the television and turned back towards me.

"You get used to it,"

"So how was your day?" I inquired wiping the corner of my mouth on my sleeve.

"I've had better ones," She sighed rising from the sofa. I followed her into the kitchen as she disagreed to continue her conversation.

"What happened?"

"Nothing that would concern you," She mumbled clearing off the reminence of her plate.

"You can tell me anything. I'll listen, it might make you feel better." She took my plate out of my hands and washing it too. I leaned against the hollow wall watching her intently.

"Somehow I doubt that would be true," Even if I wasn't extremley close with Sydney it still really hurt to see her so upset. I could tell she was trying to hold it in but at the same time she was letting it all come out in very little words. "Thanks for the meal Niall, I really appreciate it." She smiled again pulling me into a sudden hug. I jumped for a second surprised at the swift affection.

"You look tired, I'll let you sleep." She nodded about to turn around and made her way around the corner. She peaked her head for two seconds still seeing me standing blankly in her kitchen.

"Niall?"

"Hm?" I looked up suddenly at her.

"Goodnight," It sounded like that was not going to be what she was going to say. She hesitated for a moment before the words came from her mouth. She gave me another smile before leaving the room.

I had only been there for a half hour and she had already said goodbye. Zayn was right, I really had to chase her.

*Sydney's P.O.V*

For the past couple days the only thing I had been wanting to do was sleep. Abbey checked up on me a few times wondering where I was because I didn't return her calls. Amanda never did this, she would usually call me up the next day apolgizing for her behavior. Maybe she was right, maybe I was acting like the child in this friendship.

I stared up into the blank ceiling pondering whether or not to take a shower. I hadn't needed to go to work lately because of the upcoming season. Snow filled the streets anyway, I honestly had no point of leaving my flat.

After minutes of deciding I swung my legs over the side of my bed a head ache already forming in my head. I always felt sick when I was guilty. It was a bad trait considering Amanda tended to make me feel like that quite frequently. I padded towards my bathroom running the water so I could take a shower after several days.

During my shower I heard the phone ring outside of the bathroom. I almost tripped getting out and attempting to wrap my towel around my slippery body. When I saw the caller I.D it read 'Amanda'

I hovered my hand over the phone pondering whether or not to answer it. My head said no but my heart said yes. Apparently my nerves said yes to because that was when my hand picked it up swiftly. I held it to my ear not emitting any noise until Amanda spoke up.

"Syd."

"Yes," I choked out holding my towel tightly around me. I felt water droplets slipping down my legs and towards the hard wood floor.

"Do you have a minute?"

"Seeing I've been spending countless hours sleeping, yes I do." I said with a bit of an attitude.

"I was being childish," She started. "I wanted to think you were being the one to overreact this time. But really you were sick of all of us pounding on you about boys. I was waiting for you to call and apoligize..but obviously sleep is more important. That kind of shows you weren't even planning on it." She babbled on and on. I could feel the tensity in her voice as she spoke.

"Believe it or not I was really stressing about calling you."

"Really?" She said a bit too estatic.

"Mhm," I replied. "I just couldn't get myself to dial those numbers."

"You know, we're being really stupid about this whole thing. It was one little argument and we're letting this come between us? I say we both deserve a big slap across the head."

"Agreed," I chuckled. A smile was actually on my lips for once after several days. A real smile, I knew this whole thing was rediculous. Amanda was right about more than one thing. "Want to come over for some video games later on?" I inquired.

"Love too,"

"Okay, I'll see you then."

"See you," She turned off her side of the line leaving a long beep on my end. I made my way back to the bathroom to turn off the still running water. I continued my smile as I got dressed and cleaned up the water off the bathroom floor.

Amanda was right, some day I had to give Niall a chance. A chance to maybe something more than just friends. Even if that step was far away from now. Its not that I was afraid of love, its just it doesn't happen to girls like me.

I grasped my phone off the table and texted out a quick message.

To Niall: I'm having a Xmas party at mine next week. Interested? x