Chapter 44

Sorry this is a day late x

Chapter 44

*Sydney's P.O.V*

"Ready?" I spoke steadily my hands shaking as my finger tip hovered over the call button. Niall sat with his arm draped over my shoulder and the other on the crease of my knee and thigh. I was nervous yet comfortable at the same time. Niall's seamed completely calm which was really confusing me. How many times had he done this? I didn't know what this meant to him. Those words were left unsaid. I just wish I knew what was going through his head but at the same time I was utterly terrified.

"Ready," He smiles.

"Are you sure we should do this now? I mean they might be sleeping. The time difference is a bit weary and-"

"Syd, its 11 am there time. I'm pretty sure they're awake. Now just press that call button before I do it."

"My mom really is going to love you," I mumbled. My mother is really happy all the time and always wants the best for everyone. At the same time she would do anything for the right thing. Same with Niall. He always wanted me happy. "My stomach feels like its going to explode."

"You're going to be fine," He reassures pressing a kiss to my temple as the call was sent to my family.

After a few moments a grinning face popped up on the screen. I was an only child so there small two person home lay in the back screen. My father was most likely at work but I didn't care. If I needed acceptance my Mother was the one I went to.

"Hey Mum,"

"Sydney! My word, you look so beautiful! You've really grown to look like your mother," She laughed smiling at me warmly. I shifted uncomfortably as Niall began to introduce himself.

"I'm Niall Horan, the man your daughters been staying with." He spoke cautiously. His grasp on my knee got tighter as my Mom replied with a nice to meet you.

"Your really are a looker," My Mum gushes.

"Mum," I snap.

"Its fine, Syd. You're very beautiful yourself, Mam."

"Please call me Lydia." She says. "But thank you, Niall."

"So how are things in the states?" I speak up trying to interrupt my Mum's gawking. Niall seemed to find it amusing.

"Good, good. You're father just earned a new promotion down at the factory. But enough about me. How long have you two been seeing eachother?"

I almost coughed on my own spit as she spoke the words.

"Uh-" I rushed. "We're not seeing each other."

"What a shame. He would be great for you, darling." I heard Niall lightly laughing next to me leading me to give him a nice elbow in the stomach.

"Depends on the day," I sweetly yet sarcastically respond.

"You're father and I are still waiting for those gran babies!"

"Mum!" I almost yelled into the camera.

"I'm just pulling your leg sweetie. Niall seems like a very sweet boy. Much like your father."

"Good to know," I said.

"Now, Hun. Could I have a few words alone with Niall?" I sat in silence for a few moments as Niall squeezed my leg in reassurance.

"Don't interrogate him please." I sigh getting up from the sofa and leaving into the kitchen. I decided while I was in there to start a pot of tea on the stove. May was dawning but still the weather seemed to be worse than ever. As the water finished boiling I added some mix from one of the drawers and poured it into two mugs. I placed them both on the island and peeked my head into the living room.