One: Waffles & A Murder

Quinnie:

"Reports shows that the ribbon killer is still at large...."

I listen to the tv in the diner as I cut into my waffles.

"...police have now uncovered that the ribbon killer is a brunette, female."

I glance at the screen and eat my waffles.

"New evidence has been discovered but we are limited with the results. The hair found was good but it doesn't contain any follicles..."

I look at my hair and shrug.

Hmm maybe I should go blonde.

"Scary shit, huh Quinnie? A woman going around offin' men with a ribbon."

"It's all fun and games until someone gets caught with their pants down." I take another bite and Cherry shakes her head at my comment.

"I swear, the boogeyman could be in the booth next to you and you'll still sit there and eat those stale waffles, that Dino makes."

"I like his waffles. And besides, why should I be scared of the boogeyman? When he needs a friend."

"I swear you're not right in that noggin of yours. Anyways, have you heard the good news?"

I smile wide. "No what?"

"The circus is coming to town."

"Really? Oh that'll be fun. How much are the tickets?"

She shrugs. "No clue, but we can go tomorrow night if you want. Just make sure those clowns keep their distance."

"Deal."

"All right, well I'll see you tomorrow then?"

I nod then listen to the tv once more to see what else they have.

"...men of all ages, please be careful tonight. Do not entertain strange young women..."

"Blah..blah...blah." I drink my orange juice and scratch my right wrist.

"Hmm, someone's in trouble tonight."

After my breakfast I go to a local gas station and grab three boxes of hair dye.

"Blonde?" The cashier questions as he rings me out.

"I'll look pretty right?" I give a smile and the cashier blushes.

"Uh, that'll be 7.89." I dig into my purse and pull out the money I needed.

"Are you busy later? I mean, I'd love to show you my new golden locks."

"I'm sorry, but I kind of have-"

"Kind of isn't doesn't mean anything to me...."

I look at his name tag and lean against the counter.

"...David. What time you off?" He swallows hard and gives me my change. "Seven o'clock."

"Good, I'll be out back, waitin', puddin'." I take my change and wink at him as I walk out.

I pull the ribbon in my hair tighter as my wrist itches...

It was a little after seven when David finally came out of the store.

I step out of the shadows spooking him. "Oh! I'm sorry you...wow."

I twirl my now blonde locks. "You like? I think this is the new me."

"You look very pretty." He starts looking around and I walk up touching his cheek.

"Relax, no one will see us. Come."

"Sorry, I was just a little spooked-"

"Let me guess, you're shivering over that Ribbon killer? You don't have to worry about her. I'll protect you...." We walk together down the block and he stops.

"How much farther is your place?"

"Just a bit further...you know you never asked me name, naughty boy." I giggle and he looks sheepish. "You're right, so what is it?" He asks.

"My friends call me Quinnie, and don't worry we're almost there. Just a few more blocks, I promise." I lead him further and stop.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hear wh-" I pick up a close by rock knocking him in the side of the face.

I look down at the bleeding nosed boy and pull the ribbon out of my hair.

"You're her!"

"I'm sorry, you are nice but I have to confess, you're not my type. I like a man who can put me in my place...and also someone who doesn't cheat on their wife or is it girlfriend?"

He gets up and starts to swing but I manage to wrap the ribbon around his throat and tighten it.

"Trying to hurt me? Now that's a bad idea, Davey."

"St-"

"Uh-ah..." I head butt him and falls over. I kneel onto his chest and tighten the ribbon.

"You have lovely eyes...you know they say the eyes are the window to your soul but I think that's all phony baloney."

He tries to claw at my hands but he loses grip and I smile.

"Hush, little baby don't say a word...funny babies don't say words, they just coo and spit."
I shrug and see that David's eyes were as red as blood.

I move the ribbon from around his neck and this time I rub dirt in his nails.

"You were fun...kind of." I get up and make sure no one was around and tie the ribbon back in my hair.

"I hope the circus is fun tomorrow." I say as I walk the streets in the pale moonlight...

A/N

Slow start I know but this book is defiantly about to speed up next chapter...yes there will be a sex scene 😏 haha up up and away...no pun intended..