Seven: I'm A Menace To Society...And I Love It

Oswald:

Six months later...

All the clamoring going across the room was making my head hurt.

You would think that after everything I've been through, my job as the new head honcho of Gotham would be easy.

But no!

I look away from the fireplace and fire off a bullet into the ceiling making everyone shut up so I can think for once.

"Gentlemen! Ladies! Others! Let us discuss the future with a little civility, shall we?" I sit at the big chair of the table and get down to business.

"So, none of you know who this woman is? I find that hard to believe. I mean, the cops' only lead is some pictures of her that keeps changing everyday!" I compose myself and take a deep calm breath.

"If no one can get a simple I.D. on her then who here can be trusted? Hm? I don't know what you all want from me? I gave you all freedom in the world and business boomed. Then a few months later this...this woman waltz in, taking my money, investments...even the lives of some of my people."

Stay calm Oswald...

Just stay calm...

"We had a good thing going, until that pigtails manic showed up and spoiled everything. Do either of you know where the money is now? Hm? Anyone?" I scan the room and everyone's was quiet.

"This city belongs to us. And in order for that to say that way, she needs to be taken out. I don't care how, just do it discreetly. Other than dealing with that pest, there will be no killing, no stealing. No blackmailing or kidnapping anyone. If you want to cross me and trust me I will find out, you will be a prime example along with the woman. Do I make myself clear?"

People nod and I dismiss them.

"You gotta stop stressing out boss. It's not good for you. Had a cousin once, he would stress about his bills, one day he keeled over and died. From stress." I pat Butches shoulder and look at my fireplace.

"I'll stop stressing when I have that woman's head as an ashtray on my desk..."

Quinnie:

"12,001...12,002...Mousy, did you see--oh! I got it." I pick up the next bill and count that too. "I think we can now get a water bed! Oh Mousy, I think Jerome would love that. What do you say?" I pick her up and kiss her scaled nose and squeal as I hold her to me.

I place her down and give her some food while I take the duffle bag of money and head down the hall.

I turn on my light and there were the pictures of all the people connected to Jimmy-oh.

I put a smiley face on Penguin's picture and put the duffle bag down with the others.

"Let's see, I can go out and do the creeper thing to Leslie Thompkins and Jimmy-oh, or go kill someone...oh! Why not both!" I clap my hands and go over to my wall of fun.

"Let's see, hmm, my ribbon. Duh!" I look at the machete that I picked up from my travels and also grab my red lip stick.

I walk over and pet Mousy.

"Don't wait up for me, and if anyone tries to come in, eat em'." She hisses and I smile as I walk out the back door.

I pull my left pigtail tight and shove my machete in my back holster.