Five: Every Girl Loves Neck Biting...Right?

Quinnie:

"Oh! Here it is! The pet shop I told you about. Aren't the lizard dragons just so precious? I want that one." I point at the red and black one and Jerome opens the cage. "Here."  He starts to reach in and one of the workers stops him.

"Excuse me, sir. I'm sorry but those animals aren't for petting. They are the poisonous, red and black speckled lizard dragons. They have a nasty toxin in their fangs an-"

"Puddin, I want that one. I'll name her after my pet rat. What'd yah say? Wanna come home with me, Mousy?"

"Ma'am you don't understa-"

"Are you denying my lady here a pet? Look at that pretty face. Are you really going to say she can't pet it and take it home?"

The worker looks at me and swallows hard.
"I'm sorry."

I pout and tap the glass. "Maybe next time, K, Mousy?" I take Jerome's hand and we walk further into the pet shop.

"Oh look, boring little puppies..." I say with a fake yawn. Jerome holds me from behind and whispers in my ear.

"Why don't we, let these poor unfortunate souls out so they can play?" The smile spreads across my face and I nod.

We separate. He walks over to the birds while I walk over to the mice.

I kneel down beside a little boy. "Do you want one?"

"Yeah, but my mommy said no."

"My mommy was a bit of a party pooper too. Just look at this little guy. I think they need a good home. What yah think?"

The little boy nods and I tip the glass cage over letting all of the mice out. "Step back, kid. It's about to get crazy in here."

One minute it was order and peace then the next, women were screaming. Workers were scrambling. Mice, birds, dogs, rabbits, snakes and other pets were all over the place.

"Come here baby." I take the lizard dragon and grab a leash then meet Jerome out in the front.

"What do they eat?" Jerome asks. "She isn't a hatchling, so she's going to have a veggie diet. How does that sound babygirl? Huh?" She hisses and I kiss her lizard head and place her on her leash.

"Thanks, Puddin." He swings his arm around my shoulder and leans his head on mine. "Anytime. So what's next?"

"We need to get some food for Mousy. But then we can go and get..." I stop as I see a pretty rich girl coming out of a hotel. What made me stop talking was that she had this pretty necklace on.

I stop and admire it. "That's really pretty. May I?"

"No, move it." She snaps at me. Mousy hisses at the girl and the girl screams.

"What the hell is that thing?" I pick Mousy up. "She is not a thing." I turn my nose up at her and take Jerome's hand.

"Are you going to let her get away with talking to you like that?"

"No way in fucking hell. That bitch is dead and I'm taking her necklace."

"Oh I love it when you talk dirty."

Detective Gordon:

I walk in on Ed and he freezes like a little kid with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Please don't tell." I sigh and close the door behind me. "What do we got? And no riddles, give it to me straight."

"Uh, yes. Well it's obvious that Miss Jones' death was caused by the three lions that are now being put down. Such a shame, lions are very beautiful creatures though they are on the top of the food chain-"