Two: Murderous Bonding

Jerome:

It was about an hour and a half before showtime.

"Jerome! Come do the dishes!"

I was in the back room throwing a baseball at my wall when I heard the whore yelling.

She opens my door standing there with her shirt half falling down and a cigarette in between her lips.

"Didn't you hear me?"

I sigh and hear a man chuckling in the background.

"Hey, don't forget to cut the woo-ah!" One of the circus members wrap their hands around her waist.

"Come on, baby." She giggles and kisses his lips leaving me in my room.

I was out side chopping the wood when I hear my mother calling for me.

"Jerome! Get in here."

I keep hold of the axe and walk into the trailer. The guy walks past me with a smirk on his face and I feel like chopping off his head.

The trailer door closes behind me and she was in the kitchen with a dopey smile on her face.

"Get ready for tonight. We're expecting a big crowd. And another thing make sure, the snake is fed. I can't have it nipping at my neck again...."

She just keeps pushing...

And pushing..

Maybe it's time for me to jump off of this god forsaken edge.

I grip the axe and the moment she turns to grab her shoe I swing, striking her right in the back of the head.

She gasps and falls over but I don't stop there. I roll up her body in the carpet and carefully bring her out into the field and finish her.

When my job is done I dust off my hands and smile.

"No more pushing me..." I walk on back and decide to get a candy apple...

Quinnie:

"Awe you went blonde on me and joined he dark side?" Cherry says as she plays with one of my strand hairs.

"What you don't like it?"

"I'm just use to you having brown hair, yah know. Oh let's go and get some cotton candy before we get to our seats."

"After buying my ticket, all I got is a dollar, Cherr." She waves me off. "My treat. Come on!" She takes off running and I follow her.

We stop right at one of the booths.

"Wanna get your fortune told?"

"Sure why not, we got time." We walk up to the booth and see an old creepy blind man.

"Good evening ladies."

I whistle as I look at him. "Hey, can you see what I'm doing?"

"Quinnie, stop that." She moves my hand out of his face and he somehow looks right at me. "My poor girl, I'm so sorry."

"What about old man?" I raise a brow at him.

He grabs my hand and brings me close while Cherry gasps.

"You're going to meet the devil tonight." He whispers in my ear.

"Ain't afraid of no man with a pointy fork and horns." I snatch away from him and grab Cherry's hand. "Come on, this old bastard is crazy."

I look back and see a sad expression on his face.

When we arrive at the cotton candy booth I watch as they spin the wheel of sugar as it turns in to a cloud of green.