Twelve: Friends? Foe? Who Knows?

Quinnie:

"Do you know what I love the most?" I ask as I flick out my blade.

"Please don't do this." The woman cries as I circle her as she sit tied to the chair.

"I love the way, people react to a tragic event. Some people mourn, some are silent. Some are angry but if you pay close attention, you can see the ones who go insane. Like you for instance. You'd probably loose your fucking mind if I stabbed your husband in front of you. Tell me Karen. Would that drive you crazy?"

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?" She whimpers. I tug at her blindfold and raise the blade to close to her cheek.

"Does the name The White Crow mean anything to your family?" I see her swallow hard.

"No.." I place my fingers on her throat. "Wanna say that again, Karen? And before you lie to me again, remember, your sons come home in fifteen minutes. Boy, I'd hate for them to see mommy dead in the kitchen next to their snack packs."

"I..I don't know, my husband would know m--more."

"Hmm, okay." I move back and grab some stuff from the cabinets to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Well I'll tell you something, about why I'm here. I'm here to make everyone know that The White Crow is still around. Do you know the-? Wait no you wouldn't. Story time.." I sing song that.

I sit on the counter with my legs dangling over, while I spreading some jelly in the on the bread.

"Mm, so there was this man, a man who you can say was one of the greatest assassins in Russia. He was so great that he never left a trace, and he always completed the job. Hence the name The Russian Ghost. Now a certain organization, called the Scholar Society recognized this gift, no clue how they found out but they always keep their ears to the ground when it comes to these things. Anyways they offered him something great. Blah blah, they give him the assignment to get rid of a man named Victor Newman..." I slather the peanut butter next and put the sandwich together.

"...anyways. He kills the man and boom, everything is working in motion. Except, the head families didn't want to get caught with their hands in the cookie jar so they decided to cut all loose ends. They sent The Russian Ghost on a mission that killed him...." I take a deep bite into the sandwich.

"...the Scholar Society all thought that they would be all set, but something went wrong. The city of Gotham went to the dumps. People became meaner, the world as we know it, just didn't hold that charm like it use to. Which brings me to why I'm sitting on your kitchen counter, eating your food telling you an old fairy tale. You see I was expecting your husband. His father was one of the men that was apart of that organization. I just wanted to come by, give him something. But little old you was here instead."

I finish up the sandwich and hop off of the counter dusting my hands off.

"My husband-" I bring the blade to her cheek again and giggle. "Your husband shares the same bloodline as his coward father. My only regret it that he isn't here to see this." I pull her head back and she starts to scream.

"This won't hurt one bit...it will hurt two bits." I slice across giving her a permanent smile. I then take some tape and tape her mouth shut.

"When ever you look in the mirror, Karen. Remember to smile. Hahahahaha!"

Detective Gordon: