Six: Please Don't Take My Sunshine...Away...

Jerome:

I walk back into the house placing a little box in my jacket pocket.

When I walk into the bedroom, Quinnie was curled up with a pillow, no doubt thinking it was me.

I shrug off my jacket, take off my shoes and strip off my pants and get in the bed beside her.

The moment I pull her close, she turns to me and curls up to me.

"Mmm, you smell like donuts." I hear her whisper. "Shh, go back to bed buttercup." I kiss her temple and close my eyes, drifting off...

I woke up to the sound of pots and pants clashing from a distance. I rub my eyes and stretch, seeing Quinnie wasn't beside me.

I look over at the portrait and salute Quinnie's father and walk out the room.

In the kitchen Quinnie had Mousy on her shoulder, feeding her and making something on the stove.

I stand there and just watch her for a bit.

This girl is something. She's exciting, wild, and most of all she accepts me for me. I don't know many girls besides the ones from the circus, that would do what she's done.

None...none would do what she's done...

Quinnie turns and she smiles at me. "Good Morning! How did you sleep?"

"Great, like always. Hello, Mousy."

"Hm? Are you sure? You left out for a while last night."

She's a sharp one.

"That's because I went out and got you something but, you have to wait for it."

Her eyes light up. "Oh! Please can I have it now? I promise I'll be good."

"Nope, you have to wait gorgeous. How about we go out on a date tonight?" She pouts but smiles in the end. "Okay." She leans over and kisses my lips. "You smell like donuts."

She said that earlier. "Do I? Maybe we should go shower to get that smell off."

She looks down at Mousy then. "Hold down the fort. Don't let anyone in." She places her down on the couch and I grab her up bridal style hearing her laugh.

Yeah...this is the girl for me...

Detective Gordon:

"I think the ribbon killer is evolving." Nygma says to me as he showed me the two boys that were beat with the baseball bat.

"I thought she had a partner?"

"I think she does, but these recent killings? They have all been done by a woman. I think it's the same one."

"Hey, leave the detective work, to the detectives. Alright Ed?" Harvey says as he hands me a newspaper.

"What's this?" I read the headline and it reads:

New Killer Lurking In Gotham?

"That was published this morning and you'll never guess who gave the green light on the story."

"Let my guess, the Greenwald's?"

"Bingo. I guess they want to warn the community but this is just making more hysteria. Plus this could bring in copy cats. Women eating people....now that I think about it-"

"Harv, I don't even want to know what you're thinking. But I do have some good news. I'm getting close to knowing who killed Lila Valeska."

"Who?" I tap my temple and Harvey calls out after me. "At least give me a hint."