Nine: What Are We, Some Kind Of Suicide Squad?

Quinnie:

So far none of the guards have bothered me.

Plus I hear Dr. Howl won't be coming back due to "stress overload".

I'm guessing she's getting skin graphs to get rid of that Q.A.R. carving on her chest.

"Buttercup, I want you to meet Richard. He's the man you want to be friends with."

I smile at Richard and he takes my hand and kisses it.

"My my, where have they been hiding you?" I take my hand back and bat my lashes.

"Locked in a cage, for biting a girls neck out. I wonder what a man past his prime tastes like." I snap my teeth at him and he backs up a little.

"Ain't she a kidder? Come on." Jerome moves me to the side and holds me by my shoulders.

"Quinnie, remember what we talked about?" I pout folding my arms over my chest.

"He was being creepy and I don't like him."

"Neither do I, frankly if he didn't get me stuff I'd probably would've offed him already."

"Yeah, well you're not a girl. He's looking at me like I'm a full course meal." I look over at him and he was staring.

Jerome stands in my way and touches my face. "You're my girlfriend right?" I nod. "And you know I'll never let some slickster talk to you any type of way."

I move his hands and step up close to his ear. "I'll take your word. But if old Rich Dick there tries something funny, he'll be missing his god damn fingers." I kiss his cheek and walk over to the window.

I feel him behind me and he places his hand on my ass. "You think I'm weak don't you?"

"I didn't say that-" He turns me around and grabs my chin hard. "I can see it in your eyes, Quinnie. Don't be like that whore of a mother." I slap his hand away.

"I'm not your mother. If I was, I would've raised you better."

"You saying my mother did a poor job raising me?"

"I'm saying if I were your mother, I would've been alive long enough to see you give me grandchildren."

His nose flares and he steps to me and I step to him but the guards yell at us to knock it off.

"You ass." I say before walking away from him.

"You're going to regret that...buttercup." He walks away from me and we stand on the opposite sides of the room from each other.

Just glaring at each other.

"Jerk."

•••

•••

I still wasn't talking to Jerome but I did miss him.

I was in his room when he walked in with some nutty brunette.

"Oh, I didn't know you were in here, buttercup." Jerome had his hand on the brunettes waist and I was cracking my knuckles.

"Really? Hmm that's funny. But you know what's funnier?"

I walk over to the glazed eyed girl and grab her by the neck.

"You will leave him alone. You won't even look at him. Because if you do, I'll be there to break your nose again."

"Again?" The girl chokes out. "Oh, let me show you the funny part of this joke." I smash her face into the door hearing a light crunch and she screams.