22. "guess who asked me on a date?"

I showed up at school the next day all by myself, considering Jacob didn't pick me up this morning. As soon as I walked in, someone jumped on my back causing me to scream and fall over.

"What the hell!!" I yelled as I turned over and caused whoever was on top if me to fall off and onto the floor next to me.

I looked over to my right to see Kaitlyn lying right next to me smiling. "What the hell are you doing?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Guess who asked me on a date?" She asked with a big smile on my face.

"Who?" I asked.

"Okay, so I walked into the school and as I was heading towards my locker I was stopped by-" She was suddenly cut off by her phone ringing. She took it out of her pocket and pressed the answer button. She motioned at me to hold on.

"Hello." She said before she started erupting in laughter. "No way! No way!" She started yelling into the phone as she walked away.

"Kaitlyn! Weren't you gonna tell me something??" I tried shouting to her but she didn't hear me and just kept talking into the phone.

I sighed and rolled my eyes before turning around and heading towards homeroom.

Once I was at my seat I set my stuff down, but then I was roughly slammed up against the wall by someone. I yelped as I looked up to see Alex glaring at me. "Hey loser." He chuckled.

"What the hell is your problem? Why are you doing this Alex?" I asked him.

"Why am I doing what?" He asked dramatically, before clenching my arm tightly and bending it behind my back. "'Cause you were stupid enough to give up your chance to get with me! And now, I'm gonna make you pay for your stupid actions."

Suddenly he grabbed the back of my head by my hair, pulled my head back, and roughly slammed it into the wall. All of a sudden, everything was white and I could feel wetness on my forehead. My head started throbbing and before I could do anything about it, I felt a hand grab the back of my head again, I knew what was coming next. And before I could let color flood back into my vision completely, I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact.

But just as he pulled back, he was gone. I started falling backwards, to which I tried to stop myself with my elbows. As soon as my left elbow touched the ground, there was a loud snap and a sharp pain in my arm.

I screamed out from the pain and opened my eyes which I had kept closed for this whole time. I looked down to see my elbow in a weird shape. I reached my hand down to touch it but it hurt too bad.

I laid down flat and tilted my head back to see Jacob practically killing Alex. They were both covered in blood and their clothes were being ripped to shreds. And they were both sweating and growling at each others throats.

Before I even knew what was happening, someone was helping me off the ground and others were trying to run over and stop them from fighting, which would just cause them to be hit. It felt like ten minutes had gone by and they were still fighting. Soon, the school officers came in and started pulling the two apart.

They eventually got them apart. Jacob shoved the five officers that were holding off of him and came over to me.

He grabbed my face in his hands and started turning it all different directions. "Are you okay baby?" He asked in a surprisingly sweet and calm voice, considering he was just in a fight less than a minute ago.

I opened my mouth to respond when Principal Johnson started pushing people to the side. "What the Hell is going on over here??!"

One of the officers stepped forward and pointed towards Jacob and Alex both. "These two were fighting."