2. "you're cute when you're trying to be mean"

I woke up at 6:00 the next morning. I was exhausted because I didn't get a lot of sleep last night because I had to stay up late to do homework. I got out of bed and took a shower before getting dressed. I brushed my teeth and did my usual morning routine.

After I was done with all that, I put my bag on and looked over at my alarm clock. It read '6:50'. WHAT?!? I started frantically looking for my car keys but couldn't find them, that's when I remembered the events from last night. Crap. I have to get a ride with Jacob Palmer.

I looked out of my bedroom window to see that his car was sitting there but he wasn't in it...now I'm worried. I ran downstairs and walked towards the kitchen while shouting to my mom. "Mom, whatever you do, don't open the door for this guy. He's tall and tan but he is rude and he does bad things-" I walked into the kitchen and stopped talking. I froze as I saw Jacob sitting at my kitchen table, eating. My mom was standing at the oven, cooking.

They both looked up at me. My mom smiled while Jacob smirked. "What kind of bad stuff do I do?" He asked me while still holding his smirk.

I wanted to talk but I couldn't. My mom started talking which caused me to look at her. "You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend." She said.

I started gagging and coughing like crazy. "H-He is not my b-boyfriend." I stuttered out as I caught my breath.

She looked at me and then him. "Well that's what he told me." Was her response as she pointed at Jacob. I looked at him with wide eyes just to see him staring at his food, but I could see his smirk still.

I glared at him before sitting down and eating. My mom soon left the kitchen to leave for work. I saw Jacob move out of the corner of my eye but didn't pay attention until he slung his arm over my shoulder. It wasn't in the way friends do it though, it was in the way that lovers do it. I took a huge intake of breath before glaring at his arm and then his face.

"Please take your arm off my shoulder?" I asked him in a not-so kindly way.

He smirked and looked at me, straight into my eyes which caused me to feel all awkward and look away. "Why should I, babe?" He breathed into my ear, causing me to jump and look at him, noticing the close proximity we had. He was only a couple inches away from my face, if he moved any closer our lips would touch.

I took a big intake of breath and swallowed the lump in my throat before talking. "Don't call me that, ever again!" I growled at him.

"Aww," He cooed, causing me to look at him. "You're cute when you're trying to be mean."

I glared at him. "Don't call me that." I said flatly.

He smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes as I got up and grabbed my jacket. I headed towards the door and heard Jacob walking behind me soon after that. I opened the front door and went towards his car, I went over to the passenger side and he unlocked it. I opened the door and got in, as did he.

I sat there, waiting for him to start the car but it never happened. I looked over at him. He was staring straight at me. Not at something around me or on me, but straight at my face. I took this as my chance to let my eyes explore his face. I looked over his smooth, tan skin that ran all over his face and his tiny, adorable nose. I looked at his beautiful, pink and plump lips that I just wanted to kiss then and there. I looked up to meet his eyes which were surprisingly a beautiful light blue with silver specks.

After looking in his eyes for a couple seconds, I realized how close he had gotten. I took in a big, long breath as I backed away. But I couldn't back away far since he had his hands tightly placed on my sides. He stared into my eyes for a couple seconds, looking thoughtful. Eventually, he pulled away and his smirk was immediately back on his face.

He started the car up and drove towards the school. We got there and there wasn't many people there since we came early to look for my keys. I went to the front doors, with Jacob following closely behind, and thankfully they were unlocked.

We walked in and I looked around. We go to a huge school, it'll take forever to find them. Maybe we should just retrace my daily routine, that sounds good.

"Yeah, it does." I suddenly heard Jacob say.

I looked over at him. "What?" I asked him, confused.

"What you said, about retracing your daily routine, that sounds fine." He said to me.

I blinked at him before asking. "I was saying that out loud?" I asked. He looked at me and raised his brows while smirking, he nodded his head. "I really need to stop that." I said.

.....

We retraced my whole schedule and couldn't find them anywhere. I leaned against the wall I was in front of. "This sucks!" I complained.

He looked at me for a second before his face scrunched up in thought. "Did you check your locker?"

I looked up at him with an expression that said, 'do I look like an idiot?' "Of course I did. I'm not stupid!" I said to him...I hadn't really checked my locker, I just wasn't going to look like an idiot in front of Jacob Palmer. "But just in case, let's check again." I said trying to sound casual.

I stood up straight and headed towards my locker. I got there and put in my combination before opening. The first thing I saw was...my keys! I grabbed them and started jumping up and down. I held them close to my chest. "I'll never lose you again, baby." I said while kissing my car key.

I turned around to Jacob to see him smirking. "You're welcome." He said with a smug look.

I sighed but thanked him anyway since he did help me. That's when more people started showing. I watched as people walked around and looked at me and Jacob, confused. That's when I realized that Jacob hasn't left yet. I turned to him. "Okay, you can leave now. Thanks for helping me find my keys." I said to him while turning bak to my locker and closing it. Suddenly I felt hands on my waist.

I tensed as I felt his lips next to my ear. "Why would I leave my boyfriend?" I turned around to face him and got the air taken out of my lungs at our close proximity.

"Excuse me?" I asked while trying to back up, which just ended up in him trapping me between himself and my locker.

"You heard what I said." He said while smirking. "No one else can have you but me." He said and stared in my eyes for a couple seconds before backing up and walking away.

I took in a much needed breath before looking down the hall and watching his retreating figure. I just had one thing to say.

"Oh shit."

.....

Hey, my Narnians'!!!

The last dialog of this chapter reminds me of the beginning of Fergie's song "London Bridge".

Oh shit.

Oh shit.

Oh shit.

Oh shit.

That song is my jam! Okay, well I hope you guys liked this chapter.

THANKS!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

read~enjoy~vote~comment~thanks

-MGN