26. "will you please be my boyfriend, babe?"

"Wait! What?" I yelled in Kaitlyn's face, again ignoring the pain that ran to my head.

"I said that Alex-"

"Yeah, I heard you!" I cut Kaitlyn off. "When did he ask you out?" I asked her.

She looked thoughtful for a second before responding. "The day before he beat you up."

"I can't believe him!" I looked at her. "But, you did turn him down...?" I asked, cautiously.

"Of course I did. He beat you up, do you really think I'd go out on a date with him?" She said.

"But what about being popular?" I asked her.

She looked at me with a confused expression that read 'are you crazy??' "I may want to be popular but your still my friend and I would never betray our friendship just to become part of the in-crowd." She paused and smiled at me before continuing. "You're way more important to me than all those loser."

I smiled back at her. "Thanks."

She kept her smile on her face as she walked up to me and hugged me.

.....

I'VE BEEN IN THIS HOSPITAL ROOM FOR FOREVER!!! WHEN WILL I GET OUT! I MIGHT JUST HAVE TO ESCAPE!!!

Honestly though, this has been the longest five hours of my life. After Kaitlyn left, I tried to go back to sleep but I guess since I had so much sleep, I'm wide awake. People say that all you want to do after waking up from an injury is sleep, but I honestly feel so alive! I feel like I'm never going to sleep again!

But I have nothing to do...

So all I have done is wait in this bed for someone to come and visit me. The last person to visit me was the doctor and that was about two hours ago. I've also thought about Jacob a lot. Why hasn't he come in to see me yet? Where is he? Does he still like me? I just want to see him.

Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder, interrupting me from my daydreaming. I jumped and looked over to my right, just to see a nurse with some pills.

"Here, honey." She said as she held out her hand with the pills and her other one with a cup of water.

"What're they for?" I asked as I grabbed the pills from her left hand.

"They're so you don't have any headaches."

I nodded my head as I put the pills in my mouth before grabbing the cup of water from her and taking a swig to wash down the pills.

After I was done, she took the cup and started working on something on the machine I was hooked up to. Jacob suddenly flashed through my mind again and I turned to the nurse. "Have you seen my friend, Jacob? He's the one who brought me here."

She nodded almost immediately. "Of course I've seen him. He's in the waiting room." She said.

My eyes widened at what she said. "What?? Why hasn't he come to see me?" I asked, a little hurt.

"He's asleep. He has been for a while now, considering it's the first time he slept since he brought you here." My heart warmed at what she said, and a slight blush rise to my cheeks. "He kept bothering us and asking if you were okay. He wouldn't leave us alone. So eventually a friend of his got a hold on him and told him to calm down and that you'd be alright." I smiled and nodded my head, my insides feeling all giddy from what she had said.

"He should be waking so-" she was saying when she was interrupted by someone yelling my name outside of the room. "Or now." She said as she turned back to me with a smirk.

Suddenly Jacob appeared in the doorway looking worn out and tired, but happy. He had the biggest smile on his face and his eyes started twinkling when he saw me.

He suddenly ran towards me and grabbed both sides of my face, before connecting his lips with mine. This was a sweet kiss. It was quick, but felt like forever. It was just a simple pluck, but it felt like more. It was the perfect kiss. That's how I knew.

He wrapped his arms around me and lightly grabbed the back of my head, laying it in his chest as he rested his chin on top of my head. He kissed the top of my head. "Thank God you're okay..." He mumbled, more to himself than anyone. I could feel his chest rumble when he spoke and it surprisingly was soothing to my concussed head.

"I'll leave you two alone." I heard the nurse say before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind her.

He pulled my head away from his chest and looked into my eyes. "I was so worried about you." He said. "I mean, it's my fault you fell!"

"Jacob..."

"I was trying to be flirty but it was too much, I know!"

"Jacob."

"And then all of a sudden you were falling and what was I supposed to do??? I couldn't even-"

"Jacob!" I yelled to cut off his rant, even though it hurt my head to do so. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have ran from you, you were just trying to be sweet and I freaked out. I was the one who made the choice to run away from you." I looked him in the eyes as I spoke to let him know that I was serious.

He looked doubtful as he sighed. "Yeah, but I wasn't there to catch you." He said.

"And I'm happy you weren't." I said, making him look at me confusedly. "If you were there and would've tried to catch me, you probably would've fallen to and gotten hurt yourself. Then no one would've been able to take me here." I grabbed the back of his neck and brought his face closer to mine to kiss him on the lips. "Thank you." I said, to which he smiled.

He looked away for a moment before looking back in my eyes. "I need to ask you something." He said.

"What?" I asked him. Suddenly he separated from me to turn around and gather his thoughts.

He turned back to me and he looked a little nervous, vulnerable even. "Look, I really, really, really like you-heck, I think I love you." I smiled at him, knowing I felt the same way towards him. "And we've had this thing between us going in for quite awhile. And I like it and all, but I'd like to officially be able to call you mine."

I smiled at his words, already knowing where this was going.

He came up to me and grabbed both of my hands in his. He looked me in the eyes, his were filled with so much hope. "Will you please be my boyfriend, babe?"

I smiled at him before giving my answer.

"Of course I'll be your boyfriend."

.....

AWWWWEEE!! THEY SO CUTE!

I hope you all liked this chapter! I know I sure did!

Also, I have a new book out and it's about my life and my books. How I connect my own life stories with my books, and stuffs. I'll also be answering your guys questions. So please go check that out and comment a question you want answered, it can be about me, or my books, or my life, or my opinion on a specific topic, or something.

So please do check that out!! ❤❤

THANKS!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

read~enjoy~vote~comment~thanks

-MGN