28. "let's play"

**READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE VERRRYYY END FOR A SURPRISE**

We all sat quietly in the living room. No one has said anything ever since we came into the living room, and it's been about 2 minutes.

After I realized that nobody was going to take initiative to start conversation, I started talking. "So...how is everyone?" I asked awkwardly.

Tony smiled and nodded, not really answering my question. Jacob didn't do anything, except glare at Tony like he's tempting him to say something. And Kaitlyn just groaned out of boredom.

I nodded my head slowly, not really knowing how to react to their responses.

I was going to just sit back down when an idea struck. "How about we play a board game?"

Now they all looked at me with different expressions showing though. Tony while smiling, Jacob was now glaring at me, and Kaitlyn raised a tired eyebrow at me. I smiled back at them. "I'll take that as a yes!" I exclaimed before slipping down the hallway and the closet where we kept our games.

I was looking through all the board games when one caught my eye. I smirked while taking out the game.

I marched back into the living room and showed them the game. Tony and Jacob's expressions both said 'no', while Kaitlyn's read 'yes'.

"We are not playing that!" Jacob said with wide eyes. "I mean, I would play it if it was just you and me but with them-" he motioned to Tony and Kaitlyn. -here? No way!!"

I sighed and walked towards him. "Please!" I whined. "Do it for me..." I trailed off while trying to give off a vulnerable puppy dog face.

"Don't give me that look..." He said as he tried to look away, but I kept moving wherever he would look.

He closed his eyes and leaned his head back as he took in a large breath. He sighed and then played for a couple moments before speaking. "Fine, we'll play one round."

I smiled widely as I turned to Tony. "So, are you going to play?" I asked him.

"Well since I get to touch y-" Tony couldn't even finish what he was saying before Jacob was out of his seat and towering over him.

"Don't you dare even think about touching my boyfriend!!!" He yelled in Tony's face.

Tony chuckled. "He's already told you a million times buddy, he's not your boyfriend."

Jacob gave a smug look as he glared at Tony. "Oh really? Because he hasn't said that ever since he agreed to be my boyfriend four days ago."

Tony got a confused and hurt look in his eyes when he looked at me. "Is that true?" He asked.

I tried to speak but could only open my mouth slightly, so I just decided to nod my head.

"Oh..." He said while looking down. He looked back up to Jacob. "Congratulations."

Jacob got a confused look as Tony stood up. "I need to go to the bathroom." He said, sullenly, before walking out of the room.

"Uhhh...what just happened?" Jacob asked. "Did Tony just congratulate me?" He asked, just as confused as me.

Instead of pondering on it longer, I shook my head and opened Twister! "Let's just set up the game." I offered.

.....

Once we had the game all set up, I decided that we should be in teams. I put Jacob and Tony together so they could bond over this experience. Learn how to work together as a team.