29. "i just want to apologize"

My mouth fell open as I stared at Tony and Jacob as they grinned at each other.

"Dude!" Jacob shouted. "That. Sounds. Awesome!!!" They both high fived each other before pulling each other into a "bro-hug".

"No, no, no, none of that!" I shouted as I walked in between them. They both looked down at me. "You guys can't sell drugs together, I just wanted you to get along."

"Well why can't we sell drugs together?" Jacob asked with a smirk on his face.

"Um, I don't know, maybe because it's ILLEGAL!!" I yelled and heard them both chuckle. I gave them both confused looks. "Why are you guys laughing?"

They both looked at each other before bursting into laughter. They both were bending over and grabbing their stomachs.

I gave Kaitlyn a lost look to which she returned the same expression.

"It's so easy to mess with you." Jacob stopped laughing just long enough to say.

"Mess with me...? What are you talking about? What are you guys laughing at??" I asked frantically, super confused at what's happening.

Their laughter slowly died down and they both gave a big sigh before smiling at me.

I stared at them expectantly, waiting for one of them to respond.

"We aren't really going to sell drugs together." Jacob said.

"Yeah, we just overheard you and Kaitlyn talking in the kitchen about how you were going to let us win so we'd get along." Tony then said.

"So, we thought it'd be funny to mess with you." Jacob finished.

Maybe I should've listened to Alex when he said that he can still hear me when I go into the kitchen.

"Oh." I said. "So, you guys aren't going to sell drugs together?" I asked.

They both shook their heads. I nodded mine and then realized something. I big smile grew across my face as I started talking. "Wait a second...you guys bonded!" Jacob, Tony, and Kaitlyn all looked at me with wide eyes as I started yelling. "This is amazing! It didn't go as I planned, but it happened!!!"

"So," Kaitlyn suddenly said. "does this mean you guys are friends now?"

I gave them a hopeful look as they both turned their heads toward each other. They looked at each other for a few seconds before sighing and shaking each others hands.

I started screaming, to which they both winced. "Ow!" I yelled as my head started pounding. I walked over to the couch and sat down.

"We can be friends now as long as you don't try to steal my boyfriend anymore." I heard Jacob said as I looked at my lap and rubbed my head.

"I promise I won't." Tony responded. "I only tried when I knew you guys weren't dating, but now that you guys are officially a thing I'm not going to try anything."

After I rubbed my head for a little, I looked up at them and smiled. I'm so happy they're actually friends now. And it's because of me!

.....

Today is the day I get to go back to school.

After that day that Tony and Jacob became friends, they were hanging out every other day. They would always come over to my house and hang out with me. And my other friends even came.

I stared at the school as Jacob parked. I still have so much work to finish. I tried to make-up most of it while I was out, but I didn't get a chance to finish it.

Jacob looked over at me, and I guess he could tell I was nervous. "Hey." He said, to which I looked over to him and put on a fake smile. He smiled back at me, but his was real and genuine. "It's going to be fine. Your teachers understand that you were out for a whole month because of a concussion. They'll understand that you don't have all your work done." He reached over and ran his thumb across my cheek and jaw.

"I know, I just don't like being unprepared." I responded.

He smiled at me and leaned across the middle to give me a kiss. It was short but sweet. And the taste of his lips lingered even after he was gone. "It'll be fine."

I nodded my head before opening the car door and stepping out. I shut my door and heard his follow soon.

I started towards the school and he caught up with me and grabbed my hand.

I liked the people at my school, they were very accepting of everyone. People at my school don't judge others. So I wasn't nervous to hold Jacob's hand.

We entered the school and I saw my group of friends. I smiled and pulled Jacob towards them. They all saw me and ran towards me. "WELCOME BACK!!!" They yelled, and I winced because it caused my head to pound. They all caught my reaction and looked at each other before looking at me again. "Welcome back..." They all whispered this time.

And can I just say...do you know how creepy it is to have 7 people simultaneously whisper the same thing to you? It's very creepy.

But I blew it off like it wasn't the most terrifying thing ever, and sent them a smile. "Thanks guys."

I started to hug them all individually, which was a little hard considering I still had my cast on and I wasn't getting it off till next week, but before I could finish greeting them all, someone cleared their throat from behind me. I turned around to see Alex.

Almost instinctively, Jacob and Tony jumped in front of me.

"Look, I'm not here to cause any trouble." He said. "I just want to talk to Tim, pri-"

"Don't you dare say privately!" Jacob growled, cutting him off. "What do you want?"

Alex sighed and looked at me with so much hopefulness in his eyes. "I just want to apologize."

I gave him a confused look.

He looked down at the ground as he started to speak. "I've been going to see a therapist lately, and she's really helped me. And I've realized that what I did, was not the right thing to do. It actually wasn't right at all." He looked up at me. "And I'm sorry. I know I can't go into the past and undo what I did, but if I could I would."

"What makes you think he'll forgive you?" Tony asked, with hatred dripping off his tongue.

Alex looked over at Tony. "He doesn't have to, I just wanted him to know that I feel terrible for what I did and that I'm sorry." He looked back to me, that hopefulness still glowing in his eyes.

He looked at me for a little while longer before sighing and walking away. Jacob turned around and pulled me into him. He was just about to talk when I broke out of his hold and looked down the hallway to where Alex was.

"Alex!" I shouted, to which he turned around and looked at me. And even though it hurt my head to yell, I finished my sentence.

"I forgive you!"

.....

So, that was quite a bit for one chapter.

There was a lot of amends made in this chapter, don't you think?

Anyway, if you guys didn't notice...I posted the book cover and teaser for Possession, which is the spin-off based on Jesse and Carter. So, that would be great if you guys would go at that to your primary and vote on the teaser.

The first chapter is going to be posted on Wednesday!!!

So, please go check that out!

THANKS!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

read~enjoy~vote~comment~thanks

-MGN