31. "can i have this dance?"

Prom night.

The night of hormonal teens freaking out over the littlest, dumbest things that go wrong.

Is it stupid to freak out over every little thing that goes wrong? Yes.

Am I doing exactly that right now? Yes.

Am I going to cry?

...I already am.

Right now, I'm sitting on my bedroom floor. Clothes are scattered all around me and tears are running down my face.

Do you want to know why I'm crying on my bedroom floor whilst being surrounded by all the clothes from my closet? Well, I can't find my tux.

...I CAN'T FIND MY TUX!! I've been looking for it for over an hour, and I have yet to see it. I could've sworn I put it in my closet.

And it's a rental that costed $150. If I don't find it, I'll have to pay for it. And it'll be double the original price. I don't have that type of money! Hell, I don't have any money! I've been focusing on school so hard so I can get a scholarship that I haven't had time for a job.

"Tim!" I heard my mom yell from outside the door, causing me to stop crying and listen to her. "What's wro-" she cut herself off when she walked in my room, witnessing my current state of my floor and I.

I looked up at her, my face soaked with tears. Her face softens as she came over to me and sat down on the ground next to me. She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me into her side. "Shhh, it's okay." She said to me.

I wiped my eyes on the shoulder of her shirt. "No, it's not. The whole night is going to be ruined because of me."

She pulled back and looked into my eyes. "You're not going to ruin anyone's night. Jacob loves you. He'd still love you even if you went to the prom in a unicorn onesie. That's how much he loves you. He just wants to have a good time with you at prom, he probably doesn't even care what you come dressed like. So you're not going to ruin the night." She said to me. "That, and your tux is downstairs on the couch." She then said to which my face lit up.

I stood up and started running out of the room. I stopped right before I left and turned around to face my mom who was dusting off her jeans. "Thanks mom." I said, to which she looked up and gave me a smile. "For everything." I then turned around and ran down the stairs to grab my tux.

.....

I heard the doorbell ring and my mom open it a few seconds later. I heard chatting downstairs, but I couldn't make out exactly what they were saying.

"Tim!" My mom shouted. "Jacob's here!"

"Coming!" I shouted back as I gave myself one more look in the mirror. I quickly exited my room, turning off the light and heading towards the stairs.

When I got to the to them, I looked down to see Jacob standing there in a formal black blazer with black dress pants and shiny black dress shoes. Under that was a white button up shirt and a black tie.

The air was practically taken out of me. "Woah..." I mumbled, to which he must've heard because he then looked up to me, his eyes practically popping out of his head as he looked me up and down.

"Damn," he said breathlessly. "You're so hot." I blushed. I was pretty much wearing the same thing as him, except I had a bow-tie, and my dress pants were much tighter, making them seem like skinny jeans.

"I can say the same for you." I said as I walked down the stairs. He smiled as I got to the bottom of the stairs.

He pulled me in for a hug, giving me a quick peck on the lips when he pulled away.