The Tattooed Prince(7)

It was Thursday night and I couldn’t sleep. The entire day Sophia had me all over the palace checking one thing, and organizing the other. I didn’t even have time to sit down for a second, so by the time I was in the shower I was ready to knock out. But my nerves weren’t as calm as I wanted them to be, and I couldn’t sleep at all.

I sat up and flatten out the comforter. Tomorrow I would be marrying Sebastian Cortez, a dream I wish would never come true. Ever since Tuesday night he hasn’t spoken a single word to me. Earlier today we bumped into each other and he just excused himself and walked off again.

It didn’t feel right having him upset with me, especially now that we are getting married just a few hours from now. I wanted to apologize to him for saying I was going to run away, I shouldn’t have done that. I was just aggravated with him and his stubborn ways. If he just would’ve listen to me and see that he won’t be happy with me, then tomorrow he would be marrying Madison and not me.

I slipped out of bed and put on my slippers. It was passed two, and I felt wide awake. I noticed that at night it’s when I feel calm in the palace. I find peace and quiet, and I don’t have a grouchy fiancée to worry about.

Not putting much thought into it I went downstairs to the kitchen. This turned into my regular routine, waking up in the middle of the night and eating a snack. I opened the cabinet and pulled out a bag of baked cookies. Before the cook left today I asked him to bake me cookies, just for my own sweet tooth.

I poured myself a glass of milk and jumped on top of the counter. I opened the zip-lock bag and the aroma of chocolate hit my nostrils. I groaned in delight throwing a cooking in my mouth. I wasn’t the type of girl that loved eating sweets, but chocolate cookies killed me. They were my weakness. Munching on a couple I closed the bag and drank my cup of milk.

“Wow, are you sure your wedding dress is going to fit tomorrow?” Sebastian said amused.

I snapped my head up to see a shirtless Sebastian leaning against the door. My heart stop beating as my eyes got lost to his tone body. How could he hide a body like that in a uniform? It wasn’t possible! The way his tattoos swirls in every corner of his body intrigued me. They almost hypnotized me in the snake form they went.

I gazed away from him, hiding my embarrassment. I stared at his body too long. Yeah. I sure did, now he would know I was checking him out. He was then going to find some sort of way to mock me with it later on.

He walked passed me to the fridge. “You shouldn’t be embarrassed that you were drooling over my body, you are my fiancée,”

I cleared my throat, reconstructing myself from that moment. “Why don’t you have a shirt on?” I asked him. “If your mom would walk in and saw you shirtless and me on the counter she would think wrong,”

He poured himself an ice cold glass of water, chuckling amusedly. “It’s two in the morning, and she sleeps on the other side of the palace…I doubt she would walk in right now,”

I shrug. “You never know,”

He placed the jar of water inside the fridge and closed it. “I doubt it plus, we are getting married tomorrow they can’t really tell us what we should be doing or not.” He responded stupidly.