The Tattooed Prince(11)

The warm water massaged my back, relaxing all my back muscles. Slowly my anger washed away with the water that was running down my feet to the drain. My mind had cleared and I could think straight once again.

I reclined my head on the side of the glass wall, and closed my eyes. Scenes from earlier today came flashing into my mind. The anger in Sebastian voice and eyes taunted me, like an awful song. The more I tried to think of something else, the images only got vivid.

I ran my hands through my hair breathing heavily. Only if I had kept my mouth shut, then I wouldn’t be in this mess. Sebastian wouldn’t have turned into the hulk, and Rachel wouldn’t have spat words of fury to me.

It wasn’t like me to throw sudden rebel tantrums, I was obedient, but with today events from the school got to me. I had so many questions I wanted him to answer, and yet I couldn’t even ask one.

Turning off the water I grabbed my pink towel and wrapped it around my body and stepped outside. Sebastian stood by the door glaring at me deadly with his eyes. I jumped back startled by his presence.

“Why didn’t you knock?” I asked him holding tightly to the towel.

“I have no reason too, you’re my wife.” He said firmly.

Okay, he had a point there. I walked over to my closest and grabbed my sleeping clothes and quickly I slipped into them. Stepping back into the restroom I stayed a far distance from Sebastian.

He crossed his arms against his chest and just looked at me. “I don’t even know what the hell was that outburst down there with my mom, but it wasn’t necessary,” He scolded me.

“So wasn’t your comment,” I stated.

“I’m done fighting with you Adalyn. You’re grounded, you’re not allowed to leave the castle until The Gala,” He replied.

He couldn’t do that. He was basically putting me in house arrest, not that it made a difference. But at least I knew I had my freedom. At the end I was the one who ended getting run over by this fight, he wasn’t getting punished.

“You can’t do that,” I shot back.

“No, but my mother can and she did.”

I bite down on my lip not responding. If I were to say something to him we would just end up fighting, and it would only make matters worse. Fine, if he wanted to ground me then I would let him. It wasn’t like I could argue with him about it any way.

“Can you leave?” I told him. “Now,”

He stood up straight posturing himself. “Sophia will be here tomorrow and she’ll tell you what you have to do, so you won’t get behind in school.”

“Okay,” I simply said keeping my eyes away from his.

“You brought this upon yourself,” I heard him say.

No. I didn’t choose to be here; to suffer for my entire life for a promise that should have never been made. It’s funny how one decision, one thing, could change your entire life. One minute I was worrying about a history exam and the next I was in a white wedding dress getting married.

 This wasn’t destiny, I wasn’t meant to be with Sebastian. Life just happened to smash into a thick wall and now I was suffering the impact. Sadly the impact had long lasting side-effects that would never go away.

Without saying another word he got left my room. I didn’t say anything back to him, it was useless. I looked down at the ground and held onto my chest. I wanted all of this to go away.