Chapter 13 Ice

Kayla stopped. She stood gasping her hand over her heart.

"KAYLA!" Kia ran towards her. His eyes full of concern. "Are you okay?" His voice sounded twisted and contorted. Everything seemed to slow.

Rendi appeared stroking his beard. "Hah. Running? You running? Kayla your better than this! Remember your training!" Kayla's mind wandered off to the Elemention camp, with the balmy days of fooling around, the sweaty training sessions, Kia, Friends... Kayla missed it. Rendi smiled at her his eyes twinkling. "Go..." Everything snapped into focus.
"Wait." Everyone stopped and starred at her. Kayla drew out her small sword. Smiling she nodded. "Okay come on!" She tossed Kia a sword and Light bulb a knife. Everyone just stared. "Come on!" Her smile faded.
"Kay... No. Come on we have to go, we can't fight Liji..." Kia sighed shaking his head.
"Mentus or not we are fighting him." Kayla put her hands on her hips she wouldn't budge.
"Kayla." He said closing his eyes his voice slow and careful as if talking to a child. Kayla? He never called her that. "Let's just take a minute to think. He could of gathered a whole army of elementions! We just don't know-" Kayla grabbed his arm twisting it until he fell onto the ground. He looked up at her in shock. She glared at him.
"If you want to be a coward and run away then fine! I'm tired of running! What about camp? What about the whole camp full of elementions?! They are probably locked up somewhere! I just talked to Rendi! You know it's the right thing to do. I can see it in your eyes. Come on." She pleaded, tears coming to her eyes. Kia just lay there staring at her. He was holding her arm. Kayla gasped. She had hurt him.
"K-Kia..." Her voice trailed off. Abbye gripped his knife. He walked over behind Kayla.
"I'm with her." She could feel his voice vibrating deep in his chest. He put a hand on her shoulder and she didn't shrug it off.
Ivy sighed. "You better be right you stupid, stupid girl." She grinned her eyes bright green despite the dark. Kia snapped his fingers a small flame appeared he grinned and stood up.
"Ok Kay. But ya better make us win!" He pulled her into a hug. She could feel his heart beating strong and steady.
"Okay well let's start with a plan, he has to be close by now." She grinned slapping her hand on a small boulder.

                ........................................
About a half hour later they heard the voices. Several of them calling out into the night. Some whispers some loud enough to make the ground rumble.
  "OHHH LITTLE ELEMENTIONS?"
   "Weeesss knooowwwwwssss yous ooouuuuutssssst thereeees!"
  "KIA!!!!!! IVY!!!! KAYKAY!!!"
Kayla signaled for Orbo to start he grinned, winking before disappearing. A small orb appeared a few feet away. Silence then,
   "HUH?"
   "WHAT WAS THAT?!"
    "Silence idiots!" Liji's voice whispered harshly. Everyone quieted. Lijis face appeared above the light. He brushed his hair behind his ears. His hair out of the bun was long and thin. A girl a little younger then Liji clung at his shirt, practically inhaling him. She was wearing a small pink tank top with blue skinny jeans her blonde hair was in a ponytail. She was obviously either very wasted or very stupid.
"Babah..." She moaned loudly. He smacked her across her face. She whimpered and sniffed. Was she crying?
"June! You imbecile!" He hissed.
  "L-L-Liji! How could you?!!" She sobbed then retracted into the shadows. Kayla could hear a bunch of people. Kia was right. Another orb a bit farther appeared. They followed it. Bulb boy had managed to create a whole trail. Kayla, Kia and Ivy slipped away. Abbye was soon behind them. Kayla giggled and gave him a high-five.
They walked for who knows how long. Kayla dragged herself along, the air was getting colder.  Kia was half asleep mumbling to himself and Ivy was sleeping. She was draped over light bulbs back snoring softly. They would make a good couple. Kayla smiled. Shivering she checked her watch: 5:00 am. Snow started to fall, the ground was white with frost.
"It's May..." She frowned.
"May....flowers...heh...bring fall showers...." Kia muttered yawning. "No that's not right... It's uh... I'm so tired..."  Ditto. Kayla sighed her teeth chattering. Abbye gasped. Ice was everywhere covering everything. A girl with a white sweater with matching mittens and hat sat brushing her wavy dark brown hair.
"Elemention." Kayla hissed.
She looked up and smirked.
"Sup." She rolled her eyes twirling her hands around to create ice crystals in her hair.
"Um hi?" Kayla took a step forward.
"Your not scared?"she raised an eyebrow.
"No I'm an Elemention, too."
"Ele-what?"

Yours in demigodishness and all that peace out✌️