Chapter 21 Nature

Sorry for not er updating 😫 life doesn't stop so you know, I've been kinda busy with that.

"Excuse me?" Kia asks the fire councilor. He's a big man with a red beard, red shaggy hair and brilliant green eyes.

"Why yes! If it isn't Ash and Flame!" He pats Fia's head. She shrinks away.

"Yeah um can you help us? We need to find nature...?" It came out like a question. The man's eyes turned to stone.

"Ah yes nature. She is now an outcast. I can see her in the trees sometimes. Take a wind with you for protection." He scanned the tree line for her.

"Ok... Let's go to wind camp then...I guess." Kia looped his arm around Fia's. Fia smiled. She was happy that he was with her. She had missed him so much. They were very little but still old enough to remember.

"Babahahahaha!" A wind boy laughed, spewing water everywhere, as he just took a drink. "You want to find...jahaha! N-bahahaha NATURE?"

"Um yeah...?" Kia made a circle in the dirt with his shoe. Ok time to act. Fia stepped forwards, her hands on her hips.

"Listen...man...? Um! We need to find nature..." She stuttered a little but tried to keep her gaze steady. He just smirked annoyingly.

"Why do you want to find little miss 'happy' britches?" He smiled sarcastically.

"I donno..." Kia shrugged. He was lying. They both knew exactly why they wanted find her.

"Well I ain't gonna help you if ya don't even know..." He rolled his eyes, then looked at Fia, wiggling his eyebrows. Now it was her turn to roll her eyes. "Although if this little lady over here were to suggest I help... Well... That'd be a different story." Fia sighed an exasperated sigh.

"Idiot! HELP US NOW!" She yelled. Where had that come from?

"Only if you give me the-" Fia slapped him. "Hey!" He held his face. Kia stifled a laugh.

"Listen, you better help us right now or I'll send you into the depths of hell. Got it?" He nodded. She smiled satisfied and off they went. Kia was thinking about how she was crying... Why? What could she possibly be dreaming about?  He'd ask her after this. No time now.

•••••••••••••••

"Don't make fun of me." Kayla rolled her eyes.

"Kia, oh Kia! We will certainly find you!" Evan flicked her forehead, something he did ever since like kindergarten.

"Shut up." She grumbled, Lilly asleep across Evan's back. She was sick of walking. Maybe they'd somehow stumble into Abbye, Ivy, or even snow face....

"Your muttering." He hummed, smiling, eyes focused ahead.

"No!" She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Your my girlfriend, so don't say no to me. We could have to go to couples therapy." Wait girlfriend? Who said any- Kayla shut her own thoughts up by kissing him.

"Do we still have to go to therapy?"

"I think it'd be healthy." He acted totally serious.

"Damn." She smiled.

"If we go back... Which maybe after all this is over then-"

"What is all this?"

"Well that Liji seems like a bad guy, we could be heroes and stop him!" He pumped his chest. Kayla just laughed.

"Seems legit." She laughed more. Somehow Evan just brightened everything where as Kia made everything frustrating and confusing. Argh.

"I don't think we should go after Kia." Evan said after a while.

"Sorry?" She stopped, eyes narrowing.

"Look, we should find a way to heal Lilly and let the rest kill Liji." He sighed. What?

"Evan." She warned. She knew exactly what she wanted.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Since Abbye and Ivy broke up, she refused to do anything but work hard. They mainly trained at a camp called Camp Gunnavale, something like that anyway. Ivy cursed in a foreign language under her breath.

"Your kicks should go higher." The instructor yawned, blocking her next punch.

"This high enough?"

"Yeah."

"Um weird question, have any new arrivals and what is there names? Kia?"

"Just two fire people named Ash and Flame..."

"Ash and flame....?" Wait if they were fire people then....Kia. He was here.