When the Lazy Become Restless

• इन्हें समर्पित: ShudderDove

Hello dears, 

Aza here. I know things have been a little slow for a bit here, but it will pick up, I promise. :)

Dedicated to TheyCallHerAvalon for her support and help! Check out her story 'On A Light Note'. :D 

-------------------------

It had been a long time since I had done something like this. My furry friends were on lock down in the building and I knew they all detested using the cat box.

I was tired of losing my friends.

As for L, he was seated near me, he had been my comfort hotline and seemed to have gotten used to holding me as I cried after seven weeks and six murders.

I was tired of doing that too. As much as I liked him comforting me, I didn't like that it was the only time he really felt he could hold or touch me. He and I hadn't found any possible suspects in our search, which meant this guy could be anyone.

Sakura TV was currently the bane of my existence, having named the case 'The Mockery of Bast', after one of the more recent murder notes left behind.

YOU CAN'T SAVE THEM, BAST.

"How many times have you done this?" I was so focused his gentle voice almost didn't reach my ears.

"Five, perhaps? I made a Kira forum to pool information on him. Guys like Light often check in on their fans. If this guy gets off on the fame as much as I think he does, then there's a chance he'll jump on this."

Light had been killed by Misa, who continued her life imprisoned just fine. From the audio and visual feed presented, she hadn't been controlled by the death note and the rules disallowed the killing of multiple people at once; it was cheating.

She had decided her love was one-sided (finally) and felt he wouldn't be able to be happy where he was there, so she put him out of his misery. How is unknown as the video feed cut out after a while and all we heard from that point were his screams and her maniacal giggling. The coroner reported it was a heart attack.

Funny.

You can't talk someone out of a psychotic break, even if you're Light and the person you're talking to loves you. Men and women like her weren't really rare, but they weren't exactly common either; I never did business with them.

Aside from the murders going on, my next biggest problem was how afraid I was of leaving. I may not have left to do much, but I hadn't left this building, out of fear, in seven weeks. If I just isolated myself here for that period of time out of disinterest for the outdoors or something, I'd be fine here.

If L wasn't here, I'd have likely gone mad.

The threatening emails I had been getting became more frequent and I opened another, not scared but angry now as I glared into the screen. It was photos of the building again, like I didn't already know he knew where I was. Here he was all talk with a little hacking prowess.

It was the pictures of dead cats that bugged me no matter how many times I'd seen the same one.

L was on the main floor, doing some thinking of his own, knowing I'd call for him or come down if anything came up.

Meaning I was without a voice of reason, so I spent time creating a direct action virus and emailed it back to sender after titling it 'I know who you are'. Then I sat back, feeling much better.

"Eat that, you asshole." I hissed, acting as though I'd been experiencing lag all day.

"What are you doing?" I jumped, my head snapping in the direction of the voice only to relax when I saw L in the doorway.

BASTजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें