Part 12: Frosting

Dan's pov
"Dan, there's a slight problem," Leah said. I could tell by her expression she was uncomfortable.
"What's the matter," I said as I slipped on a pair of sneakers and grabbed a random hoodie that hang by the door.
"Well firstly, someone undressed me yesterday, and secondly I can't go out in only a t-shirt and underwear!" She stood akwardly in the middle of my lounge with her arms crossed over her thin frame. I blushed violently at the 'Undressed' comment.

"I'm so sorry Leah, I totally forgot. Phil stuffed your clothes in the washer yesterday, and I don't think they've dried completely."
"Oh, okay. I'll just wait her-"
"No, you won't. Go grab something from my room if you want, I don't mind at all. But what I do mind is grocery shopping alone. I absolutely hate it!" Leah seemed a little shocked at my little charade, but went dutifully into my room and came back a couple of minutes later with my favourite black hoodie. It was oversized on me so it practically drowned her. It was definitely long enough to cover up the fact that she wasn't wearing pants.

She winked at me before she pulled on her converse and headed out the door, making me standing there gaping after her.

Leah's pov
"You coming Dan," I shouted from halfway down the first stairs.
"Uhm, yeah." He caught up within a few seconds.
"Do you think Phil will be alright?" I asked him. He tensed up a little. Hm, weird.
"Yeah, he'll be just fine," he snapped back rather rudely.
"What's got to you," I snapped back, just as rudely. Seriously Dan, you're acting like a dick...

"Do you like him," Dan finally asked when we hit the third floor. Where the hell would he get something like that from?
"What? No, not romantically anyway. He's just a nice guy, and I don't really have any friends, so I thought why not," I started to babble.
"What did you say?" Dan interrupted.
"What part?" I asked back.
"You do have friends, Leah. Don't you?" Dan sounded really upset for some reason.
"No, not really. I haven't had one since-" I shut my mouth before I said anything else.
Shut the fuck up, Leah.
"Since what?" he wanted to know.
"Never mind that part. Honestly Phil just seem like a great guy, but he's not my type." I replied, trying to get the conversation over to something else than my lack of friends.

"What is your type then," Dan said, holding the door open for me as I slipped past him and onto the streets of London.
You.
"Uh, I haven't really decided yet. My one criteria is that he's got to be funny. And caring."
And smart, have a black fringe, making YouTube videos and he's got to be named Dan.
Snap out of it, Leah, I scolded myself.
"Don't worry, he's not my type either," Dan joked as we walked down the streets. Strangers stared at me as I laughed loudly, still hating the way it sounded.
"Are you breaking my phangirl heart?" I joked as I dried non-existent fake tears from my cheek.
"I wouldn't dream of it," Dan replied and wrapped his arm around my waist and turned me slightly around.
"We're going that way Leah," he said as he pulled me with him, holding my hand.

We arrived at the small grocery store a few minutes later. The tension between us were a little bit thicker than I would like it to be, but we kept joking all the way so it wasn't that bad. Only Dan could make me laugh in the streets of London, only wearing a pair of converse and a hoodie.

"What are we getting today, captain?" Dan jokingly asked me as he pulled out a shopping cart and walked up beside me.
"Stand still, peasant!" I replied as I climbed up into the shopping cart, honestly not bothered by the fact of how childish I was.

Dan didn't seem to mind at all, he was only chuckling.
"We need to get butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and rainbow sprinkles!" I instructed him as he started to push me forward.

One by one he managed to maneuver himself around the shop, getting all of the items I'd requested.
"Anything else, my lady?" Dan asked as he dropped a bag of rainbow sprinkles beside me.
"Not really," I replied.
"That wasn't what I meant," he whispered now. "Can I get you anything to eat at all, or am I just wasting it all?"
He looked completely heartbroken and vulnerable, it made my heart ache.
"Of course I'll eat your cupcakes!" I said with a practiced fake enthusiasm.
"Yeah?" he looked up.
"Yeah," I said back.