Movin' Out

After the crazy night at the club last night, the morning after was full of Advil and tea. Desire laid down in the bed still in her partying clothes while Chanel laid next to her browsing apartments on her phone. Chanel couldn't be happier about moving out and being on her own. She loved being around her parents and living under their roof but it was now time to move out. All Chanel's friends had their own place and at twenty one years old, she needed to be on her own. Not live off her dad.

          "Hey girls, it's breakfast upstairs on the table. Get out the bed, get cleaned up and come upstairs to eat." Chanel's mom, Tanya said before leaving the room and going back upstairs to wait for the girls to eat breakfast with them. Chanel sighed and got cleaned up before going upstairs with her best friend.

          Sitting on the table was plates of bacon, sausage, pancakes, grits and eggs. Desire eyes lit up and she couldn't control herself as she made a plate of food putting everything on it. Chanel grabbed a plate and simply made her food before sitting down with her father, mother, and best friend. Tanya said grace before everyone dug in. Since it was morning and everyone was starving, the only sounds were the smacking of their lips and the forks being hit against the plates.

          Chanel looked up at her father and knew something was bothering him. He looked annoyed, frustrated and angry. "Dad, you okay?" She asked.

          Tony nodded. "I'm good baby, you good? That's all that matters to me."

          She chuckled. "I'm not good if you're not good daddy. Now what's the matter?"

          He sighed. "You still planning on moving out?"

          Chanel nodded. "Yea, why? Is that what's bothering you?"

          Tony nodded and rearranged his Ferragamo belt around his waist. He sighed before sitting his cup down before looking at his beautiful daughter. "Yea Chanel. I guess I thought you just had too much to drink last night and wasn't serious. I ont' know if want you to move out. You my everything Chanel. You sure you don't wanna stay at the crib for a couple more years?"

          Desire chimed in. "Shit I'll move up in here if she wanna leave. I wouldn't mind leaving my cramped apartment and moving into this big mansion. I damn sure wouldn't mind that. Girl you crazy."

          "Desire shut the hell up please." Chanel glared over at her best friend while she spoke with her mouth stuffed with food.

          Tanya sighed, "Baby Chanel isn't a baby anymore, okay? She's twenty one years old and she's a grown woman now. We have to allow her to grow up and do things on her own for once. That don't mean she won't be your best friend anymore Antonio. She'll always be your baby."

          For once, Chanel agreed with her mother. She was always the one who allowed her to do things but her dad was always the one who kept her on a leash. Tanya knew in order for Chanel to grow up, Antonio had to let her leave the nest and allow her to be on her own for a while.

          "A'right, let's go apartment hunting then. You want anything else while we out?" Tony asked while counting stacks of money on the table.

         "Nah." She answered.

          After breakfast, Chanel got dressed into something comfortable and followed her parents outside to their cars. She got inside her and dropped Desire off at her home before getting on the highway and following her parents car to Manhattan. The first stop was a condo in Harlem. It was a little on the luxury side but from the pictures on Google, it was nice. She couldn't wait to see it in person and hopefully close the deal.