Birth Of A King [Elijah Maurice]

Chanel laid her head against the sweaty pillow while pushing for another ten seconds. Her makeup was smudged off, her hair was all over the place and her train of thought was barely there. All she wanted to do was get this baby out of her. The pain was unbearable and she couldn't take it. Devin stood on the side of her trying to calm her down and keep her focused on what was important, his phones been ringing off the hook but right now his only priority was making sure his baby mom and his son was straight.

            "Come on Nelle, get him out." Desire cheered her bestfriend on as she recorded on her camera.

           "IM TRYING!" She screamed out in aggravation, annoyance, pain and frustration.

           After thirty minutes of pushing some more, Elijah finally came out. Chanel heavily exhaled and exhaustedly threw her head back on the pillow. She listened to the faint cries of her baby boy while Desire screamed and jumped up and down. The nurses took the baby to the clean up station and cleaned up his little body before wrapping him in a towel and returning him to Chanel.

            The seven pound baby boy laid comfortably in her arms. His eyes were a light hazel color with bits of green, eyes he accustomed from his grandmother on Devins side. His hair had defined curls and his lips were a plump light pink complexion. He was everything and more. Chanel teared up while staring at the one person who heard her heart beats from the inside. This was the beginning to a new adventure.

                "Wanna' hold him?" Chanel asked Devin.

             Devin nodded and reached his long tatted up arms out. Chanel sat up on the bed and placed Elijah in Devin's arms. She helped him support the baby's head then watched as he held him. Devin looked down at his flesh and blood and couldn't believe this shit, his lil mans was finally here. He was handsome. He was gon' be a playa and a money maker just like Devin.

          Desire applauded and wiped away her warm tears while hugging her bestfriend. She couldn't believe her godson was finally here. She was so proud of Chanel. She recorded some more footage on her camera before turning it off and walking over to Devin to see the baby. She stood on her tippy toes and looked at the handsome little boy while Chanel groaned about being in pain.

           Shortly after, more visitors came to see Chanel. Her parents came bearing gifts and exchanged a whole bunch of laughter and Tanya even cried. A couple of Devins closest friends like Pmoney came with balloons and clothes for the baby. After everyone met and held Elijah, visiting hours were over and it was back to just Chanel, Elijah and Devin. The little family.

          "Elijah Maurice Thompson," Chanel repeated her child's name while holding him. She looked at his small body while he peacefully slept.

"It's only right we named him Maurice, rest in peace to my brother." Devin sighed, still sounding pretty hurt about the lost.

           Chanel reached over and patted Devins back to comfort him. She picked up the baby and laid him down in the small crib before getting out the bed and heading for the bathroom. This had been the first time in hours she even felt a cold floor, and just walking alone felt like hell. She painfully sat down and used the bathroom before washing her hands throughly and going back into the room.

          "Fuck you mean he got killed?" Devin said after answering his phone. Chanel heart thumped while listening in on his conversation.

          "I'm on my way." He hung up the phone and threw his clothes on in a rush.

          "Devin, what's goin' on?" She asked while watching him run around the room trying to get himself together.

          "Another one of my mans got killed, I gotta go." He fled to the door but she grabbed his arm before he had the chance to leave.

          "Please be safe, please. I love you so much and I don't want anything happening to you. Think about Elijah while you're doing all of this. We have a child to think about now, it's not just about us." Chanel explained, hoping he understand.

          "I'll be straight, see you in a couple hours. Don't wait for me." He said before leaving. She sighed and watched as the door swiftly opened and closed after him.

><

5:30 in the morning

                           Chanel opened her eyes and looked around the dark, warm hospital room. Everything was calm and peaceful except for the loud screams coming from across the room. She sat up on the bed, recognizing the voice before slowly walking to the light and turning it on. For such a little man his damn cries sounded like they was coming from a five year old. The nurses explained to her that he'll be up all hours of the night but she never thought it would be like this.

            She reached into the crib and picked up the baby. She cradled him in her arms and laid him down on the changing table. It shitted and it smelled like death. She opened up the diaper and started changing the first diaper on her own, she groaned wishing Devin was here to help her. Speaking of the devil, he hadn't came back yet. She slid the thoughts of Devin out her mind and focused on what was important and that was changing this stinky little boy.

After changing his diaper, she put new clothes on him and held him in one hand while using the other hand to make the bottle. Her anger pierced through the roof as she managed to make the bottle while the baby continued to cry. His fucking father should've been here to help her instead he was out probably killing someone's child or being a menace to society. Once again, she ignored the thought and did what needed to be done. Devin was surely going to hear from her when she seen him because his priorities were all fucked up.

She laid down in the bed with Elijah slumped under her and fed him his bottle. He drunk the milk while looking up at his mommy. Chanel yawned and fought to stay awake as it approached six in the morning and the city was now awoken. The skies were a light blue and everyone in the hospital were up and walking around. Thank God today was her last day in the hospital, she couldn't take it in here anymore.

Elijah finished the bottle and fell asleep. She dumped the empty bottle on the seat next to her and held him on her shoulder so she could burp him. She patted his back carefully for the next six minutes before he let out a loud, milk smelling burp. She chuckled at her baby boy before getting out the bed to lay him down. She placed the pacifier in his mouth and within seconds, he was sound asleep. She tiredly laid back down in the bed and fell asleep, this was just the beginning.