Missin' Target

"Thanks for everything, goodbye." Chanel gave the helpful nurses at the hospital one last hug before she left. Her father helped her into the car and sat the baby's car seat in the back with her. The nurses waved and folded up the wheelchair while her parents got inside the car and made their way to the house. Chanel's vagina throbbed as the car rode over each bump. She sighed and watched as Elijah slept. Devin still hadn't came home and she was over his fuckin' stupid ass.

Her fathers Escalade pulled up in front of her house. Tanya opened the door for her and helped her out while Tony held the car seat and cooed at his grandson who was now up. Chanel unlocked the door and walked in the house. It was quiet, cold and lonely. Her parents helped her get settled before wandering around the house then leaving. They had a date night tonight and would probably try to give Chanel some siblings tonight so they left to freshen up and get ready. She sighed and started on her mommy duty, still no word from Devin. It was now two in the afternoon.

              As she sat on the couch getting ready to feed the baby, the door opened and closed. Her head swung to see who came in and there was Devin. He held a bag in his hand and still was wearing the same outfit from last night. Chanel rolled her eyes and watched him walk past as if she wasn't sitting there. She held the baby and carried him upstairs to lay him in the crib. She covered his tiny body with a small blanket and placed the pacifier in his mouth. Mama had to handle some business right now that he couldn't be apart of. Chanel left his room and ran downstairs.

                She looked around the first floor of the house before finding Devin standing in the kitchen about to make a turkey sandwich. She walked closer to him and folded her arms over her chest. "Where the fuck you been?"

             "Man I told you I had to handle some' don't start this shit right now Chanel." He waved her off and continued to make his sandwich.

             "You're the most stupidest nigga ever! Do you know what the fuck I been through the past night? I had to do everything for the baby while still recovering and still in fucking pain! I have fucking stitches down there and I haven't slept in hours. Then instead of you trying to comfort me and help me out, you're outside doing god knows what. You don't care about no one but yourself." She argued.

             "Chanel shut that shit up. That's what you supposed to do, you're a mom now. So put on ya' big girl panties and get that shit done. One of my closest friends got killed and I'm not in the mood for none this shit right now. All I wanna' do is eat my turkey sandwich and mourn. We'll talk about this later. Where my son at?" He asked, before taking a bite out the sandwich.

                  She sighed, realizing Devin wasn't in the mood and right now wasn't the time to bicker at him. "He's upstairs probably sleeping. Can you watch him while I go shower and get myself together? I smell like hospital."

           "Ofcourse ma, let me go see what my lil man doing." He said kissing Chanel's cheek and leaving the kitchen to go upstairs. She chuckled to herself and followed him upstairs to shower. It felt amazing to finally be able to wear all her small dresses and other things. Them maternity clothes was terrible. With a little motivation and a gym membership, within the next month she'll be right back to her normal self.

                 Chanel grabbed a fresh towel off the rack and went into the master bathroom. She stripped herself out the clothes and turned on the steaming hot water. The windows and mirrors began fogging up. She opened the glass shower and stepped in. The beaming water beads felt like heaven against her body. This was much needed, a little alone time and some relaxation. She washed her body up with soap and shaved everywhere until she was back to bald.