See You Again

Devin stood up in front of the mirror while Chanel helped him with his tie. Real thugs ain't know how to do a tie so it was only right, he had his lady help him. He was dressed down in a white buttoned up Armani and Exchange shirt buttoned to the top, with a matching white tie and gray Armani and Exchange slacks. On his feet he wore black spiked Christian Louboutin sneakers. After a week of planning, it was finally time to send Maurice off with God and Devin wasn't ready. It wasn't his time to go and it was fucked up how he left this world.

          "You sure you don't want me to go with you? Even though I've never met this dude, I'll still go to pay my respects and be there for you." Chanel said with her arms wrapped around Devins torso.

"Nah I'll be fine ma. You just relax here and wait until I come back." He said adjusting the Hermes belt around his waist. Devin checked the time and it was officially time for him to go. He slipped his suit jacket on and pecked Chanel in the mouth while grabbing her ass before he left.

On the way to the funeral home, he drove slow and turned off the radio. All he kept thinking about was the high school days when Maurice, Pmoney and him all had dreams of going to the NBA.

"Man! Imma be better than Michael Jordan in his prime." Pmoney explained while dribbling the ball.

They kids just got out of school and was walking through their hood on their way home. Devin dribbled another basketball in his hands while thinking of being in the NBA. He had the height and the moves so make it. That was his only dream. Get drafted, play pro ball and live in a big house and have a bunch of girls like Hugh Hefner.

"I hope we all get drafted on the same team." Maurice said kicking a rock on the sidewalk with his brand new Jordan's on.

"And I get Meagan Good, you get Lauren London and you get Ciara." Devin smiled, Meagan Good was his first love.

"Look who we have here. Dumb, dumber and dumbest." Kyle Green said stopping the three boys in their tracks. He was standing with Malik and Tuscan, the best basketball players in school.

"Man leave us alone, we just wanna go home." Pmoney sighed.

Malik chuckled, "Shut up nerd before I kick that ass."

Maurice sucked his teeth. "Man why you messin wit him? He younger and shorter than you Malik. Leave him alone."

Malik looked at Maurice. "Shut up before you get it too."

Maurice dropped his book bag and squared up. "Man I'll take a L for my brothers. Instead of fighting him, fight me."

Before he knew it, he was at the funeral home. Hundreds of people was standing outside happy to see family and friends they haven't seen in a while. Devin parked the car and walked over to the funeral home. He dapped up a couple of him and Maurice childhood friends before heading inside the place.

The funeral had started and pastor Erin stood at the pedestal. "We are here today to pay our tribute and our respect to a man of God, our brother Maurice Williams. Not only have people from this congregation and community gathered, but many ministers have come who respected Maurice as a lover, brother and colleague and have loved him as a friend. To know Maurice was to love him."

          "We are here today to show our love and support for Maurice's very precious family.  Not only have we sensed our own personal feelings of loss over Maurice's passing, but our hearts have been drawn toward them, and will continue to be with them."