Crossed Lines

Six months later,

After watching Devins every move for the past six months, tonight was the night. Tonight was going to be the night he suffered from killing Beans. After tonight he wouldn't ever see his family again. Tonight was his last night living and Bones was going to make sure of it. He parked outside Devins house and stared at it. From outside, he seen his beautiful girlfriend Chanel drying off her body in the bathroom. He watched as she turned off the lights and went to bed.

Bones got out the car and walked up to the door occasionally looking around making sure there was no witnesses. He opened the door and walked straight in. He chuckled at how stupid these fools were for leaving the doors unlocked. He drawed out his pistol and kept it into his hands as he searched the dark house, looking for Devin.

He turned the knob to Devins office and found him sitting at the desk, counting money. He instantly aimed for him and sent five shots throughout his body. Soon as his body dropped, he picked up the stacks of money and ran out the house without looking back. He got inside the car and drove off satisfied with his work.

Chanel's POV

Chanel dried off with the towel and got dressed. Elijah was asleep in his crib and the entire house was quiet. She hadn't heard from Devin in about two hours and he was just downstairs. She sighed and ran down the stairs to find him. She was horny and wanted some sex from her man.

She opened the door to Devins office and found him laying on the floor with multiple gun wounds all over his body. She sent out a gargling scream before running to him and bending down. He was alive but barely breathing and his eyes were a flushed white. His face was blank and he looked as if he was about to meet God any minute.

"Devin! Stay awake!" She cried while running to her phone to call the ambulance. She screamed and cried while speaking unclearly. She was so scared, nervous and worried that she couldn't even speak. After the ambulance told her they was on the way, she hung up and held Devin in her arms.

Her white Tshirt was now stained and ruined with Devins blood. His blood was on her hands, her arms and face. Devins eyes were rolling behind his head and he was barely making it. "Just hold on baby. They're coming." She cried.

The ambulance came and burst through the front door. They rushed inside, pushed Chanel away from Devin and loaded him on the stretcher. She watched them rush him out the house and drive away with him in the back fighting for his life. She hurried to the phone and called her dad. She knew he would be upset for calling him at three in the morning but this situation was a damn good excuse.

"Hello?" He answered on the third ring, his voice still deep and husky from sleeping.

She thanked God he answered. "Daddy it's me. Devins been shot and he's being rushed to the hospital as we speak. Can you watch the baby for me while I go there? Please."

"Yes baby I'm on the way, don't move." He hung up the phone after speaking. Chanel hung up the phone and paced around the house. All she kept thinking of was Devin. She didn't know if he was alive or not, she felt bad for not being there for him when he needed her.

Within minutes, Tony walked through the door wearing a Versace pajama suit. She quickly changed her shirt and cleaned the blood off her arms. She rushed out the house and sped all the way to the hospital, swerving cars and running red lights.

While at the hospital Chanel sat down in the living room thinking about the worst. She thought about raising Elijah without his father around. She thought about planning birthdays and celebrating holidays without Devins presence there. Devin was her everything and she loved him. The past months, she fell deeper and deeper in love with him. Not only for his money and assets but for his caring, funny, outgoing, cocky, arrogant and amazing personality. He was one in a million to her.

Hours passed and still no word from the doctor. It was now seven in the morning and the sun had rose. Chanel laid down on the hard cold hospital bench with her face stained from tears and her mind racing with thoughts. She sighed and stood up to look in the mirror. Her hair was all over the place, her face was bare and dry and she reeked the smell of blood. She looked a fucking mess.

"Family members of Devin Smith?" The doctor walked into the living room.

"Right here." Chanel stood up.

"Nice to meet you ma'am. We've tried all the procedures to remove the bullets and with time, we gotten them out. Devin's alive but will need a couple weeks of healing and treatment." Doctor Adams informed.

"Is he able to speak to me?" She asked, feeling like a weight off her shoulder from hearing this news.

The doctor shook his head. "He won't be able to speak for the next couple days. Give him some time to get comfortable. He'll need additional home care and a nurse will have to be home at all times. The hospital can appoint you a nurse."

"No that's fine. I'll take care of him. Just run me all the details and directions on what I need to do and that'll be perfect. That's my fiancé and I need to be there for him." She informed.

                  The doctor nodded and took Chanel into the room. He handed her over the directions and a couple medicines to kill his pain. He eventually left the room and Chanel sat down on the chair next to Devin. His heart monitor was beating healthy and everything was fine. "I love you so much Devin. I'm sorry this happened to you baby. This wasn't supposed to happen. I'm so sorry. I should've been there for you and I wasn't, I'm sorry."

                   Three days later

                "You happy to be coming home?" Chanel smiled while holding her seven month old baby boy in her arms. He was cooing and making noises at everything. She ran her fingers through his soft brown curly hair and fixed the wrinkles in his black Versace shirt.

                 After three long days in the hospital, Devin was finally admitted to leave and go home. He still had pain and some trouble maneuvering but he's still improving. Her father helped him into a wheel chair while Chanel grabbed his belongings and kept hold of the baby.

              "Yea, I got tired of bein up in that bitch." Devin sighed.

               Tony helped Devin out the chair once they got to the car and helped him in the seat. Chanel buckled Elijah in his car seat and sat in the back with him. Her dad started up his car and drove to their house. She sighed and thought about the huge task that was about to come her way. Being Devins nurse was about to be one hell of a job but with some patience and a glass of Hennessy, anything was possible.

                 Chanel held the baby's car seat and got out the car with Tony walking with Devin. She opened the door and went straight upstairs to care for her child. She laid him on the changing table and changed his diaper before putting on his pajamas and giving him a bottle so he could fall asleep. She peeked in the crib once again before leaving and running downstairs to tend to her fiancé.

               Her dad had left and now it was just the two of them. Devin laid on his couch with his feet propped up watching NBA. Chanel crushed up his medicine and poured him a glass of water before bringing it to him.

                  "Good looks ma,"

             SORRY for the drastic time change in the book! I was just trying to speed it up a little bit. There will be one more chapter left!! Then a epilogue.