Meeting The Family

"Do I look fine?" Chanel asked Devin while looking down at her outfit. She had her hair curls down and her makeup was minimum. She was wearing a plaid Burberry shirt, stonewashed boyfriend jeans and black Sergio Rossi high heels. They were visiting Devins family in New Jersey, a whole two hours away from New York. She was nervous as fuck.

"You look more than fine ma." Devin said parking the car in front of his moms crib. He turned the car off and got ready to get out until he noticed Chanel was shaking in the damn seat.

"Relax ma, my fam gon like you just like I do. Don't try to be this bougie ass female just be yourself and you pass. And a hint, don't say no to food. They take that as offensive." Devin said chuckling while getting out the car and going around to open the door. He helped Chanel out the car wit her high ass heels and held her hand while walking to the house. Already the music was blasting and he heard uncle Melvin's drunk ass yelling like he always did at the family events. There was always that one crazy ass uncle who always got drunk and tried flirting with everyone before finding out he was related to them.

"There goes my baby boy! I missed you so much." Chanel watched as a woman looking to be in her early forties walked up to Devin with her arms out. He smiled while the woman hugged him tight. She was beautiful. She had fine mocha skin, long black straight hair that fell down her back and her smile was to die for. If this was his mother she didn't look a day over thirty. It's true when they say black don't crack.

The woman released Devin and turned to Chanel. She smiled and looked her up and down before pulling her into a warming hug. Chanel hugged her back and felt welcomed. His mother smelled really good too.

"And who's this pretty young lady standing before me?" The woman asked Devin but was looking at Chanel.

Devin smiled and pulled Chanel closer to him by her waist. "Ma this my girl Chanel, Chanel this my moms."

"Hello Ms. Thompson." Chanel smiled.

"Call me Michelle and how are you? You're beautiful!"

Chanel blushed and chuckled while Devin grabbed a hold of her ass but nobody seemed to notice. "Thank you, you're beautiful too. You look so young."

Ms. Michelle chuckled. "Oh girl don't get me feeling myself."

"Wassup neph!" One of Devins uncles walked up to him, dapping him up.

"How you doin unc? Long time no see." Devin greeted.

"I been good and who's this pretty lady you got with you?" He asked looking at Chanel.

"Oh this my girl Chanel, Chanel this my crazy ass uncle DJ."

She extended her arm out. "Nice to meet you."

Devins uncle looked at Chanel's arm and ignored it. Instead he grabbed her and pulled her into a hug. "We give hugs 'round here!"

"Baby boy can you run to the store and get three bags of ice? Your damn cousin Lionel must've forgot like always." Ms. Michelle sighed.

"Aight ma." Devin said before grabbing Chanel and kissing her lips. Apart of her wanted to go with him to the store but she didn't want to seem like she didn't want to be around his family.