Road to Recovery

Chanel was awoken from her sleep with mama Michelle calling her saying Devin was shot. She jumped out the bed and threw on anything before jumping in her car and driving to the hospital. While speeding to the hospital, she thought about possibly losing the love of her life. She didn't know who would want to do this and who was that fucking evil and mean to even do something like this. She couldn't believe this and hoped Devin wouldn't die. Her heart was racing right now.

Pulling up at the hospital, she got out and ran inside. In the waiting room was Michelle, Pmoney, JT, Desire and some other people who were Devins close friends. She walked up to mama Michelle and hugged her. Mama Michelle was crying so much she couldn't even speak. Chanel cried while holding onto her.

"I can't lose another brother, I can't. I fuckin can't lose my main man." Pmoney said while staring at the wall.

Doctor Adams came from behind the doors holding his sheet. He entered the waiting room and seen the family of Devin Thompson. He surely had many people that loved him. It was a miracle that this young man was still alive. After being shot eight times and losing so much blood, they were able to remove the bullets from his body and stop the bleeding. This dude was a fighter.

"How is he?" Chanel said looking up at the doctor. Her face was stained from crying so much. She had lost so much tears that she was getting a headache.

"It was difficult and a very long process but we were able to sustain him and remove the bullets." Dr. Adams smiled.

"Oh thank the lord." Mama Michelle released a mouthful of breath.

"Can I go see him?" Chanel asked.

Dr. Adams shook his head. "Right now he's just getting out of surgery and the pain meds are probably still kicking in."

She sighed. "Please? Just two seconds. Just let me tell him I love him. Please."

"Man that's his girl, let her see him." Pmoney joined in.

"Alright come on," Dr. Adams agreed simply because he didn't want any problems.

Chanel stood up and followed the doctor to Devins room. He opened the door and she headed inside. She seen his helpless body laying there and it tore her up inside. She looked at all the machines and needles hooked up to him. She walked over to him and cupped his hand into hers.

"I'm here baby and I love you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here with you and I'm not going anywhere. I just love you so much. You're everything to me. I'm sorry this had to be you. Thank you for fighting and making it through this horrible time. Thanks for giving me another chance to love you." She vented.

Chanel kissed his forehead and held him in her arms. She wiped her tears before staring at him laying there.

"Chanel? Why you here?" She heard her dads voice.

She stood in her tracks and turned around, meeting eyes with her confused looking father. "Hey daddy."

"Why you here?" He asked again.

"Because I got the call that he was shot." She answered.

"Fuck all that shit, why you here? You know him?" He said getting angrier.

She nodded.

"How!" He yelled causing her to jump in fear.

"He's." She paused.