Chapter 17

"And do you April, take Jermaine to be your  lawful wedded husband, to have and hold, from this day forward, for better or worse--"

"Ugh Yes, yes! All of that. Hurry up I can't hold on much longer!" I yelled at the priest.

"Um sorry, I know pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest said hurriedly as he turned to walk out the room. Well, more like run.

Jermaine had the nerve to actually lean in and try to kiss me.

"Get away from me! This is all your fault!" I yelled at him.

"Alright April, we need you to give us one last big push and the baby will be out." The doctor said to me.

I grabbed Jermaine's hand as tight as I could and pushed with all of my might while I screamed. The pain I was feeling was unimaginable.

Jermaine and I decided not to get married the day after he proposed to me. While I didn't want anything big, I did want to have my family there for this special occasion.

I wanted to be married before our son made his arrival and I figure three weeks before my due date would be enough time but boy was I wrong.

The night before the wedding I was having pain that I just chalked up to Braxton hicks contractions.

The morning of the wedding the pain was worse but I wanted to get through the wedding.

My mother, brother, and sisters were all there. My father came but his she devil of a wife was no where to be seen. Not like I was complaining or anything.

Jermaine's family was there as well. I had gotten to know them before the wedding and came to fall in love with his family.

We were having the wedding at our brand new house that we moved into two weeks ago. We wanted a new start, so why not a new house?

As Jermaine and I held hands about to say our vows my water broke.

Everyone began to panic as if they were the one going into labor. Jermaine got me out to the car but not before I screamed for the Priest to come with us. I was determined to be married before the baby came.

When I got to the hospital I found out the the contractions I was having the night before were not Braxton hicks contractions at all. I had actually been in labor since the night before.

I almost passed out when they told me I was 10 centimeters dilated and that it was too late to get a epidural. That meant that I would have to have a natural, full of pain, birth.

"Keep pushing baby, your doing good." Jermaine said in my ear as he held my hand and looked in my eyes lovingly.

As sweet as it sound, I know he is just trying not to look down at the baby coming out.

When we first got here, he made that mistake when they said the baby head was sticking half way out, He damn near passed out.

Men.

I squeezed my eyes tight and kept pushing until I heard the room fill up with a small cry.

I opened my eyes and instantly started crying. The doctor laid my son on my chest.

I looked down at him and cried harder. He was beautiful.

Just as they laid him on me, they took him away.

"Wait where are you taking him?" Jermaine asked.

"We have to run a few test on him since he is a few weeks early. He seems perfectly healthy but we still have to check. "

After pushing out the placenta and being stitched up, I was finally given pain medicine while I waited on the nurse to bring my baby back. Somewhere during the time of waiting, I was out cold.

"Baby wake up. There's someone here to meet you." I heard Jermaine say.

I opened my eyes to see Jermaine with our son in his arms.

I instantly sat up and reached for him.

Jermaine placed him gently in my arms.

I looked down at my son who was looking up at me with him beautiful almond color eyes. He had a head full of hair that I couldn't help but to run my hand through softly.

"He looks just like you." I said to Jermaine with a pout. I was a little salty because I just knew he was going to come out looking like me.

Jermaine chuckled. " Don't pout baby. I'm sure our next baby will look just like you."

I looked up at him like he was crazy. "Next baby? You must going to have it? Labor hurt like hell. that won't be happening anytime soon sir." I said before looking back down at my son.

Jermaine came and sat beside me on the bed. "You know I love you right?"

"Yea baby I do. I love you to the moon and back. Thank you for giving me our son. You just don't know how happy you have made me. " I said with tears in my eyes.

Jermaine leaned in and kissed me. "Thank you for saying yes. So, if you could, would you have changed anything with the way we met and everything."

Without hesitation I replied. "Nope. Even though it's not the traditional way people meet and start a family, I wouldn't change a thing about it."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: ONE MORE CHAPTER!!!!!

SORRY FOR THE MISTAKES.

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!

THANKS FOR READING .

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE LOVELY PEOPLE!!!

ONE CHAPTER LEFT!!!!!