Chapter 7

I opened the door to the beauty shop immediately embraced by it's patrons gossiping.

"Hey April girl, you right on time. Come on and get in this chair." My stylist Anthony said.

"Hey boo, what's new?" I asked him as I sat down and he wrapped the towel and cape around me.

"Ok, so before you walked in, we were talking about Sherry's man being gay an-" He started.

"My man is not gay!" Sherry yelled as she washed her customer's hair.

"Girl, boo. I am a proud gay man which means I can tell when other men are gay or on the down low in your man's case. That man sweeter than a piece of bubblicious gum. I saw the way he was  looking at me when he dropped you off."

"Whatever Ant. I think I would know if my man was gay." Sherry said defensively.

"Hell I could even tell he was gay." Patrice, the stylist next to me, said.

"Shut up Pat, what would you know about anything?!" Sherry said.

"Shiiiitttt, I know that nigga gay." She said causing everyone to laugh.

"Whatever, let's get off this subject." Sherry said.

"So Ms. April what's new with you?" Ant asked.

"Nothing really, just work as usual. You know I have a boring life. The most entertainment I have is when I come in here with ya'll." I replied.

"Well that ain't what I heard." Dot, the salon owner, said.

"What did you hear girl?" Ant said. Hell I was curious to know too.

"I heard you got yo ass beat at yo mama house."

"What?!" What the hell was she talking about.

"You know I know your sister. I met her at a hair show two years ago and we have kept in touch since then."

I rolled my eyes at the thought of that bitch, still wondering where the fuck she got the idea that I got my ass beat."I ain't get shit beat. I did beat her mama ass though."

"You did what?!" Ant said as he spun the chair around to look at me. It was like the whole shop got quiet. waiting on my response.

"I beat her ass." I said non chalant as I sat there.

"And what do you mean her mama?" Somebody asked.

I sighed and began to tell them the story. When I finished I saw so many different emotions on everyone's face.

"Damn, talking about some tea. That shit was juicy right there." Patrice said.

"Are you ok though?" Ant asked.

"Yea I am. I'm just a little hurt that they held something so big from me for so long. What really got me was the way she came out and told me."

Anthony nodded his head in agreement. "Yea that was trifling as hell of her."

"Hey Dot let me ask you a question really quick." I said looking in her direction.

"What's up?"

"Was there recently a hair show. I think it was this past Tuesday." I said not sure on the day. My mind has been so gone lately.

"Girl nawl. I have never been to a show that wasn't on the weekend."

"Oh." She had confirmed what I already figured out.

After another hour, my hair was finally finished and I was hungry as hell.

I decided to go to my favorite deli shop and get  a gyro.