Chapter 2

Five Years Later

I sat inside my car contemplating on going inside my parent's house. It was the third Sunday of the month. We all had busy lives so we sat aside a day of the month that we would all get together. I love my parents, don't get me wrong, but I can't stand being around my sister. I missed the last five 'get togethers', so just to please my mom, I decided to come today. Deciding to come and actually going in were two different things though.

"Fuck it." I said as I crank my car up. They will have to see me another day when that bitch wasn't here.

I was about to put my car in reverse when the front door opened. I saw my mother's tiny frame appear in the doorway smiling.

Dammit she saw me, I thought.

I sighed, put the car in park, and killed the engine.

As I walked up to my mother, I took in her features. She was a beautiful 46 year old woman. She had short dark brown hair with light brown highlights that she recently cut into a bob. It made her look so much younger. She had beautiful milk chocolate skin that was flawless with almond shape eyes. She stood at 5'4 weighting 140 pounds. She stayed in the gym so her body was always on point.

"Hey mama." I greeted her.

"Hey baby. Now you weren't going to leave before I came to the door were you?" She asked in a knowing way.

"No ma'am." I lied.

"Don't lie lil girl." She said.

"Lisa leave that girl alone." My father said as he emerged from the back saving me from a scolding my mother was sure to give me.

Now my father was an amazing man. He met my mother when she was 19, they instantly fell in love and soon after had me. He full a full blooded Puerto Rican but didn't know a lick of Spanish. He grew up in the Foster system until he was kicked out at 18. He has been a great father and spoils me rotten. I am a true daddy's girl.

"Hi princess." My dad said as he engulfed me into a tight hug.

"Hey daddy." I said with a huge smile on my face. I love my mom but we never had the relationship that me and my father had. It was a special kind of bond.

"Everyone else is waiting in the living room. Dinner is almost ready." My mom said as she disappeared into the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of 'everyone'.

It wasn't anyone but my bitch of a sister and her husband.

I still couldn't stand her ass. Five years later and I was still bitter as hell. I mean, if you found your fiancee fucking your sister on your wedding day you would still be a little salty too right? My point exactly.

As I walked down the hall towards the living room I heard a whispered argument. I couldn't decipher the words but I knew they were having a heated disagreement.

When I walked into the room, all of the whispering stopped.

"Well don't stop talking on my occasion." I said as I plopped down on the couch.

Erica rolled her eyes. "Hey to you too April."

"Whatever bitch." I said under my breath. I don't know why she is talking to me. We not cool like that.

"See every time I try to be nice to you, you got to say some slick shit."

"Why the fuck you talking to me way. We not cool. I don't like you. Never have. Never will." I replied back.