An Apple A Day

"Just take your damn dress off woman!" The woman screeched in exasperation as she reached for the hem of my dress.

"For God's sake, I said I'm not going to!" I said back, dodging her hands.

We've been doing this for 5 minutes now and she doesn't give up!

"I told you, just give me some painkillers and some sugar and I'm good to go!" I screamed, slapping her hands away.

"I'm the judge of that! I'm the doctor here! And why won't you let me freaking check you woman!?" She replied angrily, preparing for another lunge.

"I'm not taking my dress off in front of so many people!" I countered, taking a few steps back.

"They're not even looking for fuck's sake!" She said, flailing her hands towards the four full grown men that were awkwardly standing in a line facing the other way.

"That doesn't make me feel any better! It's the same thing! I'm not taking my clothes off in front of anyone. And that's final!" I said, barely avoiding her.

If that's how she treats her injured patients, I- ugh

I didn't get to finish my thought as I have been tackled to the wet ground, landing on my already injured ribs, making me wheeze out the air in my lungs, but she didn't seem to notice as she straddled me with a triumphant smile on her lips.

"Got ya!" She exclaimed, her hands going directly for my black cardigan.

I caught her wrists just in time and I gripped onto them like my life depended on it.

"Dear, is everything alright?" Alpha Mike shouted from his spot, not even glancing towards us.

I found out that Amelia is Alpha Mike's mate, hence her presence at the party and she also happens to be their pack's doctor.

I guess that with a Luna like her, he doesn't have a choice sometimes and lets himself be ordered around, like now, for example .

"Everything's alright, just girl business!" She shouted back, putting some strength in her arms, going right for the cardigan.

I pushed back with everything I had and our hand trembled with strength against each other

"You do have some meat on those bony arms of yours after all,huh?" She gritted out between her teeth, struggling to overpower me.

I hanged on with everything I had, but my arms were about to give out and I knew I couldn't evade her any longer.

"Ok! OK! I'll let you examine me! Just the legs though." I said, making her pause

".... The arms and back too." She bargained, raising a challenging eyebrow.

"Just the arms and legs" i countered, looking straight into her eyes.

She paused for a little, then loosened her grip on my hands and muttered a brief "good enough" under her breath and got off my waist.

I sighed relieved that I didn't have any more pressure on my ribs and got up carefully.

I hold my cardigan's hem nervously, making a pause.

I knew how my limbs looked like, but they are nothing compared to my torso.

My abdomen is all black and blue and I still have the cut i made myself and some other ones from before.

It's not the prettiest sight

So I feel relieved it's only the arms and legs, even though i'm still nervous.

I glanced once at Leonardo who was very restless in his spot and i caught him glance at us.

"I can't if he's peeking!" I whined, willing to do anything to delay the "reveal".

Alpha Victor who's was beside him smacked him upside the head and Leonardo went back into his place.

" He's been taken care of. Now strip."

Fuck.

I should have eaten more apples.

I heard they keep doctors like her away.

I thought to myself as I slowly slipped my cardigan off.