Mates

After Ryan and Leonardo left, I stood on the floor a little bit more, then got myself up

I was leaning on the sink for support and looking into my own eyes.

"You can do this Izzy. You can do this." I whispered to myself, then closing my eyes tight, because the cut on my leg started to pound.

I breathed heavily for a little while, calmed down and then looked back into the mirror.

"Alright." I said, raising my leg on the sink to clean and treat it.

I grabbed the edges of the scarf that was on my wound with the tips of my fingers and slowly peeled it off my leg.

I needed to hurry.

With all the perfume I sprayed on my wound, it will get an infection if I don't.

Where did I get it anyway?

I looked at it and then found the animal print familiar.

Oh my God.

I'm gonna die for this!

This is Lana's!

I sniffed it a little and I could distinguish her perfume on it. The perfume I used on my wound to be more exact.

Holy shit!

I'm gonna get slaughtered for that.

At my funeral, if I will have one, I wish New Kids On The Block to sing there.

I love those guys.

I fell in love with Remix(I Like The) the first time I heard it.

Now. Back to the topic.

I let the cloth drop forgotten on the floor and I took the handkerchief I always keep into my left back pocket and wetted it.

I patted my injured leg lightly, but I retracted my hand sharply with a hiss.

It felt like a thousand of bees were attacking me at the same time at the same place.

I did this movement for a couple of times, then started to be able to deal with the pain.

That's what I do. I deal.

After I cleaned the wound, I ripped my right jean and used the cloth as a bandage for the cut.

I ripped the other one too and put it in my bag, which I didn't even notice I took from the classroom, for emergencies.

I hope that I will get to my locker before the bell rings.

I didn't want to meet the others.

Not now that they have something new to tease me about.

Well, the only thing they didn't say up until now was that I'm suicidal, they said everything else they could say.

They said that I'm pregnant with five different guys at the same time and that's the reason I'm so fat , they said I worked at a strip club, but because of my fatness, the club got closed down, they said that if I walk on the top floor, the house will break to shreds and that's why my room is in the basement, they said that I'm a nerd,but my grades aren't that good, but compared to theirs, my grades are really good ones and so on.

They always found something new to insult me with.

I looked at myself again, washed my hands and face, cleaned the sink, dried myself up, then took my bag and clenched it to my side.

As I was heading the exit, I heard the ring.

I groaned and got out of the bathroom.

So much for avoiding everyone.

As I headed my locker, people insulted me, called me names, threatened me and many other things.

Nothing eventful yet.

Key word 'yet. '

As I took my books for next class, I felt someone touch my hair and I felt tingles of excitement and love.

I made my eyes big and hope started to grow inside me. With all of this, I was still facing the locker, not moving. I was too afraid to.

The hand in my hair grabbed it and yanked me into a wall.

I closed my eyes shut, preventing my tears to fall.

As I opened them, I saw 7 pairs of male shoes.

"That's for entering the mind-link and defying my order." Leonardo said, throwing a blow to my stomach.

I gagged and hit the wall once again from the hit.

"This is for skipping the rest of the class!"Another said, hitting my rib cage.

Why the do they care if I skipped the class??

The hitting continued, but the bell stopped them to get any further.

They scrambled away, leaving me on the floor, with 2 broken ribs I think, a bruised stomach, a black eye and a busted lip. Nothing much

I took my handkerchief again and it was still a bit wet from the last time I used it.

I cleaned my face and put the cloth away.

I noticed the cut from my leg reopened and blood was getting out again.

I sighed and took the ripped cloth away from the wound.

I managed to get my bag and I got the other jean leg I ripped and changed the 'bandage'.

You must be wondering why he didn't get the tingles I felt?

Well, if you're male, you need to touch and look into your mate's eyes at the same time to know if it's really your mate or not.

And if you're female, you can tell just by touching.

So yeah. He doesn't know I'm his mate. And I kind of want it to stay that way.

I then wondered why I didn't feel them before.

Then I scrambled like a frantic in my bag for my phone after I got an idea of what it might be.

When I found it, I saw what date was today.

I gasped and put my hand back in the bag.

Holy shit.

It's Leonardo's birthday!

And I need to prepare his birthday party! He said that if I don't get it done by the time they return from school, he would have my head.

I got to my feet and started limping to the dean's office, to excuse myself for the day , to get started on the party.

Right when I put my hand on the office's door knob, the speakers blared.

"Isabel Sky Grover. In the dean's office please."

Perfect. What did I do now?