I'm Dead

Sorry for the wait!

Look. Am. It's a bet. But we start tomorrow after the alphas and betas leave. Ok?" I said, still looking away.

"But why?"

"Think, Am. Think. I'm taking care of everything that involves this meeting. If I go away, our hole pack will have to give explanations for it and everyone will be blamed for it. I can't do that to my pack. I can't do this to Victor!"

"Ok. Ok. I understand. "

"Ok"

"Don't forget. Tomorrow."

I left her there and went to the kitchen.

I took care of everything I needed to get done for the meeting.

Prepared the table, I put the good cutlery on, chose paper towels to match the chairs, vacuumed the chairs and carpet, went to the florist and chose some flowers that smelled good, but that didn't have a strong smell because with the super enhanced smelling sense the Alphas and Betas have, it might disturb them. I also chose some light music from my CD collection to play into the background. I borrowed Am's laptop once and made myself four or five CDs with my favorite songs. Every CD had a type of music. Slow music, old music, classic music and so on.

Anyway... After I was done with everything, I looked around to see if everything it's in it's place.

Everything was and I plopped myself into an armchair in the living room to catch my breath. You might think that cleaning isn't really a hard labour kind of work. Well... Think again. Small drops of sweat were on my forehead and my back was also quite wet. I needed a shower.

I reared myself from the comfort of the armchair and went into my former room and looked into the closet. Somewhere at the far corner was a neatly warped box.

I always had that box there. I left that there for times like this.

I have there a dark red sundress, black summer pumps with a bow design, shoes that David bought me and sent them in the mail to me last year and a couple of girls saw that I got something in the mail and tried to take it away from me, but that was one thing that I wouldn't let them have, so I held into it as they started beating me to get the box, but they got tired and walked away.

I shivered at the memory and looked in the box. I also had a black blazer there to cover my arms because I can't let the guests see the bruises and scratches I got on them.

I prepared this box months ago when I saved enough money from the allowance my parents send me every month.

*Flashback *

I took all the money I gathered and went to the mall to get myself some new clothes because everything I owned at the time was either ripped to shreds, too small, full of blood stains that are stubborn and don't wanna come off or just plain overused.

I went to the cheap places and bought the essential. I only shop 2 times a year, so it's ok to buy a lot of things.

I chose 4 pairs of jeans, 7 t-shirts and blouses, a hoodie, underwear, a pair of sneakers and a couple of hair ties.

When I bought all of them, I noticed that I still had some money to spend. I thought about keeping them for later, but I knew that if someone in the pack finds out that I have them, they would steal them and spend it on useless things.

I went to one of the popular stores at the mall and the sales lady already recognized me and gave me the stink eye.

Yup. She was from the pack.